Kum & Go is looking for an Events Planning Manager to plan, organize, and execute company events working in close collaboration with internal and external partners. Events range from coordinating quarterly updates to all-associate gatherings and booking hotels and conference centers for Division Meetings and Senior Leadership offsite sessions internationally. This position works closely with external vendors for various needs including: catering; conference centers; rental equipment; A/V support; etc. Collaborates closely with internal partners for planning of events to meet identified objectives and goals for events. Plans select personal events for company executives. Maintains event budgets and maximizes ROI for each company event by minimizing expenses while maximizing participation. Supports Marketing team in execution of sponsorship and other special events.
What you’ll do
- Event planning, design and production, working with leaders and family members to identify needs and ensure customer satisfaction. Organizes, executes, and measures effectiveness of special events for Krause Group companies. Activities and projects range from completing large corporate events to implementing private personal events. Organizing facilities and details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc. Maintains annual event budget, completes monthly reconciliation of invoices, and measures events engagement and effectiveness.
- Key events include annual Kum & Go Division meetings, Kum & Go Quarterly meetings, District Supervisor meetings, Happy Hours, Quarterly Company Outings, Board breakfasts, dinners & events, Values awards, Holiday parties, Store Opening events, Supplier Partner Summit, and other company events.
- Works with outside vendors to plan, coordinate, execute, and evaluate annual Strategic Planning Session trip for Senior Leadership Team – both for Krause Group and Kum & Go (week long program). Manages budget.
- Manages added catering needs for Quarterly planning session meetings and other meetings offsite or at the Krause Gateway Center for the Senior Leadership Team(s).
- Supports execution of sponsorship events, store openings, and other special events working with Marcom team members.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes personal Krause family events.
- Coordinates and executes other duties as assigned.
- Responds to the needs and requests of clients and Kum & Go senior executives, management, and staff in a professional and expedient manner.
What we’re looking for
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in event planning, event management, event marketing, communications, marketing, or public relations is preferred. Work experience may be substituted for post-secondary education requirement.
- Wine and/or food knowledge required.
Other key requirements
- Must be able to establish relationships with all levels of associates/executives.
- Must be well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be a team player, acting as a positive collaborator with many different associates and departments throughout the organization.
- Must manage external partners to ensure success of events.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at once.
- Must be able to work atypical office hours with evening, weekend and early morning events and setup requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Preferred experience in internal communications.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer