Do you like leveraging the latest food trends with new food and culinary concepts? Food is a key area of strategic focus at Kum & Go. The Vice President of Food Service is a key leadership role which will continue to enhance, innovate and drive a progressive food culture within Kum & Go. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the ability to drive food as a major growth strategy for the organization. This key executive will identify consumer food trends, review customer feedback and competitive insights, and establish innovative food concepts in the food program. In addition to be developing the vision for Kum & Go’s prepared food and fountain offerings, the Vice President of Food Service will utilize analytics to enhance the food program and measure success. If you are an authority in food that wants to help continue to transform this key area of Kum & Go’s future, apply today!
What you’ll do
- Define overall food service strategy and regional strategies. Create a comprehensive multiyear plan to achieve the food service vision.
- Identify consumer opportunities through trends, customer feedback and competitive insights.
- Inspire, lead and direct a team of professionals to manage strategies and achieve sales and gross margin growth.
- Serve as the point for tracking metrics and utilizing business intelligence information on buying trends and demographics within the prepared food and fountain area.
- Act as a prepared food and beverage subject matter expert. Foster a food competency across all levels of the organization.
- Promote Kum & Go to continue to build the brand and attract top talent.
- Lead menu planning and cost strategy work. Ensure a winning strategy is executed to fullest potential at the store level.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in culinary arts and menu development.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in food service and dispensed beverage development, innovation and execution.
- Experience in food analysis and market analysis.
- Supply chain management experience.
- Ability to establish/develop vendor relationships.
- Knowledge of defining operational procedures for a food program.
- Ability to manage projects and hit details.
- Ability to lead a team in the success and growth of the business.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
Other key requirements
- 5+ years of experience leading a food service team: including strategy, concept development, operational execution, food safety and quality programs.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer