Have you provided leadership or services to a Family Office? Do you enjoy providing exceptional service and working for interesting people? Krause Group is currently searching for an experienced Executive Director – Family Office who enjoys directing family office services to ensure strong Governance, Harmony, & Education for the family it serves. This role orchestrates a broad range of family office services including providing leadership, direction, and coordination to the Family Council, managing philanthropy & private collections, and aircraft operations. Of upmost importance is finding a leader who is caring, service oriented, discrete, and professional.
What you’ll do
- Facilitate and support Family Governance. Lead the family in the development and evolution of the mission, values and principles. Provide leadership and facilitation of critical family meetings to incorporate family values. Develop processes for the management of family decision making, financial management, insurance, safety, legal and risk management.
- Support financial management. Manage the execution of transactions and advise on estate planning and wealth preservation. Partner with the Finance team to oversee personal accounting, management reporting, forecast and budgeting, financial risk management, financing, treasury and investing support.
- Provide oversight to a small team that provides family office services and support in a variety of functions. Ensure that the team is meeting goals, exceeding expectations and responding to requests in a professional and expedient manner.
- Serve as a leader in developing and ensuring financial and business education curriculum and communication for ongoing education of family members to ensure business, investment and personal wealth management knowledge.
- Provide leadership and management of the family trusts.
- Promote Krause Group businesses within the company and community.
What we’re looking for
- Family Office expertise, someone that has worked for or with a family office.
- Strength in developing internal and external relationships; managing third party service providers, lawyers, accountants, community leaders, board members, etc.
- High level of comfort building from processes and systems from scratch and handling ambiguous issues.
- Very strong financial skills.
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Adaptable and learns quickly.
- Adept at multi-tasking and prioritizing; highly organized and detail oriented; calm under pressure.
- Trustworthy and discrete – experience handling confidential matters.
- A flexible, positive, can-do attitude; strong work ethic.
- Experience in formulating recommendations and/or solutions to complex issues. Critical thinking to identify, assess and develop potential solutions.
- Excellent communication skills – able to be a good liaison with the Krause Family and collaborate with family advisors.
Other key requirements
- Family office experience required.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Krause Group
Krause Group is a Midwest U.S. based parent company comprising a diverse set of domestic and international businesses with over 5,000 associates. These companies include Kum & Go, L.C., a convenience retail chain with more than 400 stores in 11 states—Solar Transport, the Des Moines Menace F.C., and a significant commercial real estate portfolio. Internationally, Krause Group is parent to the historic Enrico Serafino and Vietti wineries based in Piedmont, Italy.
Krause Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer