Solar Transport is searching for a Driver Dispatcher to oversee and manage day-to-day driver and service-related activities and functions for assigned geographical/terminal driver locations. This position requires using sound disciplines to support driver earnings, while generating maximum revenue and operating in an efficient manner and meeting the safety and performance standards set forth by the company, customers, and regulating authorities. The Driver Dispatcher ensures that all driver needs are met with respect to on-time performance, error-free service, and driver satisfaction, Works in coordination with Customer Service to secure freight to maximize capacity- internal (drivers) or external (carrier partners). If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in excelling in, Solar Transport may be just the fit for the next step in your career! Hours for this position at 8:00AM - 8:00PM 3 days on, 3 days off, 2 days on, 2 days off (this position works every other weekend).
What you’ll do
- Responsible and accountable for daily planning and dispatch of customer orders, ensuring that all orders are dispatched and requested delivery windows are met.
- Responsible for day-to-day issues, regarding service, equipment management (in conjunction with ROM), driver-related issues, and service deviations.
- Working with Senior Fleet Manager and ROM to shift equipment and drivers to areas of need.
- Ensure that driver work hours are managed within legal guidelines.
- Ensure driver work and pay are correctly and completely documented and accurate.
- Identifies capacity needs in overbooked markets and utilizes carrier partners to cover all shipments.
- Responsible for customer service provided by drivers in assigned operating territory.
- Functions as primary supervisor for drivers in assigned territory.
- Maintains consistent and appropriate level of contact with drivers, trainers, and safety.
- Assures all assigned drivers are current with Safety, Hazmat, and corporate policies.
- Works with Senior Fleet Manager to analyze and provide solutions for chronic problems within operation, including performance to customer expectations, efficiency concerns, and driver performance.
- Provides daily support for assigned drivers in operating territories.
- Monitors performance and provides feedback to drivers for the purpose of customer service and driver satisfaction.
- Documents performance issues and communicates to Senior Dispatcher / Fleet Manager for prompt resolution.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent communication / customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflicts in business setting.
- Good computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Word and Excel; previous experience and proficiency with dispatch / in-truck communication software a plus.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
Other key requirements
- 1+ Years logistics / customer service / call center experience preferred.
- Experience in the transportation industry (preferred).
- Previous managerial experience preferred.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
Solar Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer