Kum & Go is looking for a talented Accounts Payable Specialist to join their Accounting team. This position is responsible for the electronic processing of numerous invoices and working in a team environment. In addition, an Accounts Payable Specialist will be looked upon to troubleshoot issues and actively seek out opportunities to make the Finance Department more efficient through special projects.
What you’ll do
- Verify and process thousands of payment transactions electronically within the system or process assigned to them by using best practices.
- The Specialist will be responsible to troubleshoot vendor and store questions and issues using the extensive knowledge acquired as an owner in at least two specific processes and/or payable systems. As the process owner, they will train others within these processes and/or payable systems.
- Work on improving processes that impact the Finance team and store associates and also work on special projects while making sure the current best practices are being followed.
- Month-end duties including postings, accruals, and reviews for certain General Ledger Accounts for the purpose of accurate placement on the company financial statements.
What we’re looking for
- Associate’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- 2 years of experience as an Accounts Payable Specialist, or similar experience with another company.
- Excel experience required.
Other key requirements
- 10-key ability.
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Technical aptitude/comfortable using multiple software packages.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate timely and effectively with internal and outside parties.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer