Are you a skilled accountant looking for a new challenge? Kum & Go is currently searching for an Inventory Accountant I. This critical support position is responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the Kum & Go’s merchandise inventory throughout all of their 400+ retail locations using the company’s accounting software. The Inventory Accountant I will ensure accuracy through timely accounting, margin analysis, audit review and review of existing controls/processes. This position will also be in close communication with operations leaders, Store Associates, external auditors and other departments to maintain the accuracy of inventory and support the audit process.
What you’ll do
- Review periodic retail and food inventory audits for all Kum & Go locations for accuracy and inventory accounting issues.
- Coordinate and monitor store audits scheduled throughout the various retail locations. Resolve scheduling issues with the external audit company and store associates.
- Review on-hand inventories and store inventory adjustments for accuracy.
- Work as a team member on projects, completing assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Perform duties regarding inventory accounting necessary for month-end procedures.
- Maintain the general ledger for the merchandise inventory for all the Kum & Go retail locations through accurate and timely journal entries and maintenance of the inventory module.
What we’re looking for
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- High level of general accounting skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with multi-tasking ability.
- Strong detail orientation with a high degree of accuracy.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Other key requirements
- 1-3 years of related experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer