Do you have great financial skills and like working with interesting people, broad financial issues, and wealth planning? Krause Group is looking for a Finance Manager, Krause Family Office (KFO) to help the Family Office to do financial analysis and modeling, assist in financial education, and assist in managing the financial affairs for the business owner and his family including property management, insurance, taxes, investment portfolio, estate planning, family trusts, and separate business enterprises. This critical role provides broad financial services including global and individual cash flow forecasting and planning, (domestic and international) financial and management reporting, tax filing support, capital planning, forecasting, cash management and financial due diligence. This role requires the ability to build a financial education program for next-generation shareholders, will manage relationships with financial advisors and lending institutions, and will work in partnership with accounting resources or other support as needed.
What you’ll do
- Provide overall financial support for KFO, including playing a key role in supporting the financial vision and financial strategy.
- Help establish family investment and financial management policies and procedures, and facilitate the family investment committee.
- Benchmark financial best practices with other family offices; propose appropriate new best practices and oversee best practices through approval and implementation.
- Develop robust financial models (cash flows, expense management) to provide comprehensive financial insights and recommendations.
- Provide investment planning and analysis for direct investments, and alternative investments for trusts and non-profit foundations.
- Coordinates financial positions to effectively manage debt and banking relationships.
- Manage estate planning and share detailed knowledge of family estate planning activities.
- Collaborate with private bank to develop custom personal financial statements, personal financial plans, and personal investment support for each next-generation shareholder.
- Provide investment analysis and decision-making coaching to shareholders related to their personal, philanthropic, and trust assets.
- Support entire KFO team with other projects, as necessary.
What we’re looking for
- Outstanding financial modeling skills and experience in creating pro forma analysis for estate planning initiatives.
- Direct or indirect, single or multi-family office or related experience is desired including: financial education for family members, family governance and financial protocols, philanthropy, personal financial management, budgeting, expense management, estate planning and insurance.
- Strength in developing internal and external relationships; managing third party service providers; comfortable developing senior relationships with lawyers, accountants, family office associates and professional advisors, investment managers, community leaders, board members, etc.
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; adaptable and learns quickly.
- Adept at multi-tasking and prioritizing; highly organized.
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools.
Other key requirements
- Experience with a family office issues is desired.
- Experience with top-rated Family Office software platforms & tools is a plus.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Krause Group
Krause Group is a Midwest U.S. based parent company comprising a diverse set of domestic and international businesses with over 5,000 associates. These companies include Kum & Go, L.C., a convenience retail chain with more than 400 stores in 11 states—Solar Transport, the Des Moines Menace F.C., and a significant commercial real estate portfolio. Internationally, Krause Group is parent to the historic Enrico Serafino and Vietti wineries based in Piedmont, Italy.
Krause Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer