Kum & Go is looking for a District Supervisor for their Western Colorado market. The District Supervisor is responsible for directing the operations of a district consisting of 10-14 stores to meet and exceed customer expectations and work in partnership with a team of other Supervisors and the Division Vice President. The role is to attract, retain, develop and lead a team of General Managers and store associates to achieve the highest levels of customer service and execution for our valued Kum & Go customers. The District Supervisor role will further develop the team by mentoring and leading change initiatives through performance management processes and reviews for General Manager direct reports. This position will realize the financial goals of the organization and understand and execute the company vision.
What you’ll do
- Ensure that high levels of Kum & Go’s proven process for customer service are met; known as Greet, Uniform, Encourage Sale, Speed of Service and Thank (GUEST).
- Maximize store sales by directing and assisting General Managers and store teams with marketing programs, planograms, Marketing Action Plan (MAP) materials, and suggest selling contests.
- Ensure Kum & Go’s proven process for store conditions are met.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing company standards.
- Complete top and bottom side P&L responsibility and accountability, including: sales, margins, inventory control, salary control, cash control, department General and Administrative (G&A) and capital expenditure.
- Manage controllable cost by educating staff of correct processes and expectations for achieving inventory shrink, cash shrink, labor cost, margin and other operating expense budgets.
- Partner and consult with the Loss Prevention Manager to manage loss prevention including video surveillance, conducting interviews and investigations. Manage loss prevention issues in a professional and confidential manner.
- Maximize store sales with high level of execution of merchandising and marketing programs.
- Engage General Managers and store teams in communication and knowledge from the Store Support Center.
- Recruit, hire, train and develop the best personnel for a team of approximately 10-18 General Managers and appropriate staffing levels for each store.
- Coach and develop a successful team of leaders and associates that consistently exceed customer expectations.
- Develop talent to maximize effort and contribution and provide recognition.
- Partner and consult with the Human Resources Department to research and investigate associate concerns and/or disputes. Manage associate relations and performance issues and situations in a professional and confidential manner.
- Cross-department planning in alignment with Kum & Go’s Vision document; 3 year plan, annual goals, company vision, and associated capital expenditure allocation.
- Analyze reports to drive appropriate actions and identify financial trends and forecasts.
- Collaborate with the Division Vice President to diagnose and solve issues. Identify trends for the betterment of the organization. Assess store condition and customer service levels.
- Collaboration with Extended Leadership Team, Division Vice President team and cross-department teams to ensure execution of company initiatives and programs driven by our Kum & Go Vision.
- Promote the company and culture of Kum & Go internally and externally.
- Participate in networking for the company in the communities we serve, recruiting, legislation and general representation.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years management experience required. Retail experience required.
- Multi-unit management experience preferred.
Other key requirements
- Shares the values of Kum & Go.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skillset to evaluate operational and financial performance.
- Possesses strong leadership ability.
- Knowledge of Windows based PC systems, including Microsoft Office software, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Driver’s license is required as this position requires travel.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer