Ontario Systems has a new and exciting position as a Court Specialist in its Albuquerque, New Mexico, office.
Do you have experience working in a court and a full understanding of court operations? Are you able to juggle multiple priorities, and provide stellar customer service? If yes, let’s talk today about why Ontario Systems is the right next step for you and your career.
Location This position will work from our Albuquerque, New Mexico, office.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
What You’ll Do
Court Specialists work under the direction of the Product Manager/Sr. Court Specialist to provide training and support to new and existing clients, work with the development teams and promote case management solutions with marketing personnel.
- Offer recommendations and suggestions to help the court adopt new procedures in order to take full advantage of a new case management system.
- In addition to providing training and support, the Court Specialist is a valuable resource to the development team, often providing direction and suggestions on how the application should function.
- Act as a liaison between the court and developers to explain needed functionality in a clear and concise manner.
- Validate and test system functionality before it is released to the courts and to give feedback where necessary to the development team.
- While often working independently, the Court Specialist is a part of a team of Specialists and must be able to work as part of a group, collaborating on solutions to issues and new product development.
- The Court Specialist also plays an important role in the marketing and demonstration of the case management system.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills are a must. Court Specialists are called upon to assist with presentations to small and large groups in addition to responding to written Requests For Information and Requests For Proposal.
What You’ll Need
- 7-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven experience working in court systems and working knowledge of court operations
- The candidate must be teachable, creative, personable, outgoing, able to work independently with little or no supervision, and should have the ability and willingness to work in mission critical and time sensitive situations.
- Excellent verbal communication skills are a must, along with the ability and desire to travel for several days at a time.
We believe our values and You-Powered Culture set us apart. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values, we have some other great perks:
- Best Places to Work organization
- Career growth and mentorship opportunities
- You-Powered Culture – We’ll support you in getting what you need, from your first contact during your hiring process throughout your career at Ontario Systems
- Flexible work - we care about if you do your job, not where
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance with wellness discounts, medical, dental and vision care
- Well-deserved time off with Paid Time Off program, personal holiday, plus 8 paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Time Off Program – make a difference in your community
- 24/7 onsite fitness center
- Education assistance program
About Ontario Systems Ontario Systems is a leading provider of enterprise revenue cycle management software to the healthcare, accounts receivable management, and government markets. Established in 1980 and headquartered in Muncie, Ind., with offices located in Vancouver, Washington, and Albuquerque, New Mexico, and nearly 500 associates across 29 different states, Ontario Systems offers a full portfolio of leading software platforms, including Artiva RM™, Artiva HCx™, Contact Savvy®, and RevQ®. Ontario Systems’ industry-leading customers include 5 of the 15 largest hospital networks who actively manage over $40 billion in receivables collectively, as well as 8 of the 10 largest ARM companies and more than a hundred federal, state and municipal government clients in the U.S.
About Justice Systems Justice Systems, Inc. (JSI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Ontario Systems, is a leading provider of court case management, prosecutor and public defender case management, and electronic payments software to state and municipal court systems. JSI’s key products include Full Court Enterprise®, Full Case®, and CitePayUSA. Founded in 1982 as National Equipment Corporation by brothers Bill and Ernie Sego, JSI today serves 500+ unique courts and judiciary offices. Headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, JSI’s associates have deep domain-expertise in nearly all specialties of court case management and judiciary operations. www.justicesystems.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Ontario Systems, LLC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.