Ontario Systems has a new and exciting position as Graphic Design Intern in its Enterprise Organizational Development & Learning Department. Are you interested in obtaining a different perspective on what you’re studying at school? Do you want to apply the knowledge you’ve gained in the classroom to real-world situations and enhance your academic learning with hands-on experience? If so, consider applying for one of our internships by applying to this position.
Our internships are designed to provide you with a meaningful educational experience. You will have the opportunity to work on value-add projects and work assignments to build upon your skills and business experience while solving business problems at Ontario Systems.
Location This position will work from our Muncie, Indiana, location, which is near Ball State University and within easy commuting distance from Indianapolis.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Paid Internship Program
Do you want to apply the skills you learned in school to a professional environment? Do you want to work within a team where you can learn from mentors and gain practical job experience? We offer a variety of internships in areas including Information Technology, Compliance-Cyber Security, Cloud Services, and Marketing.
Through our summer internship program, you will acquire a better perspective of post-graduation employment by applying the principles and theories you’ve developed in the classroom, as well as have the opportunity to attend development sessions on different topics to help you grow professionally and personally, such as time management, professional expectations, money in your 20's, and Agile methodology.
Our internship program also gives you the chance to give back to the community by serving 4 hours of paid volunteer time off (VTO). Our interns have volunteered and served at Camp Adventure, ARF, Second Harvest Food Bank, and Inside Out.
Program Dates Start Dates: May 13, 2019 and May 20, 2019; End Date: August 2, 2019
Extension Opportunities Interns may continue beyond the program dates if selected to continue; 50% of interns historically are offered internship extensions or full-time positions at the end of the program
What You’ll Do
- Design clear and engaging visual communications (digital artwork) for use in eLearning course development
- Participate in projects that could include the design and integration of icons, animations, user interface, illustrations, and/or page layout
- Review existing courseware and make recommendations for improved visual communications
- Perform research on best practices in eLearning and visual communication
- Work closely with a small team engaged in the development and delivery of eLearning courses via a Learning Management System (LMS), applying new ideas and tools to create effective learning experiences
What You’ll Need
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- The following majors are preferred: Art, Visual Communication, Graphic Design, Instructional Design
- Basic proficiency in several of the following: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop (or Adobe Creative Cloud), CorelDraw, QuarkXPress, or other common design and layout applications. Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel) or Google Apps (e.g., Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive).
- Completed coursework in graphic design, instructional design, or similar program
- Strong time management skills and ability to excel in a highly detail-oriented, agile and fast paced environment
- Written and verbal communication skills, capacity to build strong relationships with key constituents, and ability to be extremely adaptable to fluctuating deadlines and stay focused
- Demonstrated focus on creativity and quality
We believe our values and You-Powered Culture set us apart. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values, we have some other great perks:
- Best Places to Work organization
- Career growth and mentorship opportunities
- You-Powered Culture – We’ll support you in getting what you need, from your first contact during your hiring process throughout your career at Ontario Systems
- Flexible work - we care about if you do your job, not where
- Competitive pay
- Paid Volunteer Time Off Program – make a difference in your community
- 24/7 onsite fitness center
About Ontario Systems Ontario Systems is a leading provider of enterprise revenue cycle management software to the healthcare, accounts receivable management, and government markets. Established in 1980 and headquartered in Muncie, Ind., with offices located in Vancouver, Washington, and Albuquerque, New Mexico, and nearly 500 associates across 29 different states, Ontario Systems offers a full portfolio of leading software platforms, including Artiva RM™, Artiva HCx™, Contact Savvy®, and RevQ®. Ontario Systems’ industry-leading customers include 5 of the 15 largest hospital networks who actively manage over $40 billion in receivables collectively, as well as 8 of the 10 largest ARM companies and more than a hundred federal, state and municipal government clients in the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Ontario Systems, LLC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.