Justice Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ontario Systems, is seeking an experienced Software Testing Specialist to be part of the QA team for our web-based Court Case Management System.
Are you ready for a change? Do you have a passion for improving the quality of software products? Are you a software detective possessing the ability to sort through details and see beyond what is directly in front of you? If yes, let’s talk today about why Ontario Systems is the right next step for you and your career.
Location: This position will work from our Albuquerque, New Mexico, location.
What You’ll Do:
- Spend 95% of time performing manual testing and 5% of time performing automated testing
- Review and prioritize work assigned
- Ensure superior products by testing and verifying functionality and usability a for all company products
- Document manual tests for New Feature/Change and Defect testing
- Act as an internal quality consultant to business or technical partners
- Provide software requirements and design input as needed
- Attend group meetings, technical meetings, and presentations
- Stay abreast of market and technology changes, and increase product and quality assurance knowledge through training
What You’ll Need:
- Passion for testing software
- 4-6 years of experience testing web applications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, although not required
- Ability to utilize tools such as JIRA, MS Office, QAComplete
- Knowledge of testing methodologies
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to learn application and systems functionality and troubleshoot issues quickly
- Possess an investigative mindset and the ability to think outside the box
We believe our values and You-Powered Culture set us apart. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values, we have some other great perks:
- Best Places to Work organization
- Career growth and mentorship opportunities
- You-Powered Culture – We’ll support you in getting what you need, from your first contact during your hiring process throughout your career at Ontario Systems
- Flexible work - we care about if you do your job, not where
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance with wellness discounts, medical, dental and vision care
- Well-deserved time off with Paid Time Off program, personal holiday, plus 8 paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Time Off Program – make a difference in your community
- 24/7 onsite fitness center
- Education assistance program
About Ontario Systems Ontario Systems is a leading provider of enterprise revenue cycle management software to the healthcare, accounts receivable management, and government markets. Established in 1980 and headquartered in Muncie, Ind., with offices located in Vancouver, Washington, and Albuquerque, New Mexico, and nearly 500 associates across 29 different states, Ontario Systems offers a full portfolio of leading software platforms, including Artiva RM™, Artiva HCx™, Contact Savvy®, and RevQ®. Ontario Systems’ industry-leading customers include 5 of the 15 largest hospital networks who actively manage over $40 billion in receivables collectively, as well as 8 of the 10 largest ARM companies and more than a hundred federal, state and municipal government clients in the U.S.
About Justice Systems Justice Systems, Inc. (JSI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Ontario Systems, is a leading provider of court case management, prosecutor and public defender case management, and electronic payments software to state and municipal court systems. JSI’s key products include Full Court Enterprise®, Full Case®, and CitePayUSA. Founded in 1982 as National Equipment Corporation by brothers Bill and Ernie Sego, JSI today serves 500+ unique courts and judiciary offices. Headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, JSI’s associates have deep domain-expertise in nearly all specialties of court case management and judiciary operations. www.justicesystems.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Ontario Systems, LLC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.