Justice Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ontario Systems, is seeking a Manager, Technical Services to lead its internal IT services.
Location This position will work from our Albuquerque, New Mexico, office.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
What You’ll Do / What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- Experience and degree in the areas of computer technology, management, or related fields are preferred.
- 4-6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior management experience in a technical environment required
- This position will manage internal IT services for Justice Systems (50%), technical support services for customers of our advanced web-based applications (40%) and manage a small team (3-4) of IT/Technical Support Specialists (10%).
- The ability to effectively work across departments in a collaborative work environment is required.
- Qualified candidates should have prior experience with Linux, network communications/security, relational databases, virtualization, Amazon Web Services, and web technologies.
- Prior experience with Office 365, Oracle, VMware, Amazon Web Services, Tomcat, firewalls, load balancers, and PCI Data Security Standard is a plus.
- Experience and ability to build a strong results-oriented team
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, and delegation skills
- Excellent reasoning, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We believe our values and You-Powered Culture set us apart. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values, we have some other great perks:
- Best Places to Work organization
- Career growth and mentorship opportunities
- You-Powered Culture – We’ll support you in getting what you need, from your first contact during your hiring process throughout your career at Ontario Systems
- Flexible work - we care about if you do your job, not where
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance with wellness discounts, medical, dental and vision care
- Well-deserved time off with Paid Time Off program, personal holiday, plus 8 paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Time Off Program – make a difference in your community
- 24/7 onsite fitness center
- Education assistance program
About Ontario Systems Ontario Systems is a leading provider of enterprise revenue cycle management software to the healthcare, accounts receivable management, and government markets. Established in 1980 and headquartered in Muncie, Ind., with offices located in Vancouver, Washington, and Albuquerque, New Mexico, and nearly 500 associates across 29 different states, Ontario Systems offers a full portfolio of leading software platforms, including Artiva RM™, Artiva HCx™, Contact Savvy®, and RevQ®. Ontario Systems’ industry-leading customers include 5 of the 15 largest hospital networks who actively manage over $40 billion in receivables collectively, as well as 8 of the 10 largest ARM companies and more than a hundred federal, state and municipal government clients in the U.S.
About Justice Systems Justice Systems, Inc. (JSI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Ontario Systems, is a leading provider of court case management, prosecutor and public defender case management, and electronic payments software to state and municipal court systems. JSI’s key products include Full Court Enterprise®, Full Case®, and CitePayUSA. Founded in 1982 as National Equipment Corporation by brothers Bill and Ernie Sego, JSI today serves 500+ unique courts and judiciary offices. Headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, JSI’s associates have deep domain-expertise in nearly all specialties of court case management and judiciary operations. www.justicesystems.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Ontario Systems, LLC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.