Ontario Systems is looking for a Technical Project Manager / Scrum Master
Are you an Agile project manager/Scrum master? Do you have experience defining and leading strategic initiatives and achieving results with executive stakeholders? Are you passionate about developing Agile best practices in others? If yes, let’s talk today about why Ontario Systems is the right next step for you and your career.
Location This position is located in Muncie, Indiana, near Ball State University and within commuting distance from Indianapolis.
Visa Sponsorship Visa sponsorship or transfer of an existing visa is not available for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship or transfer.
What You’ll Do
As a Technical Project Manager you will facilitate Agile/Scrum strategic projects to successful completion. You will also provide coaching to Ontario Systems associates on Agile/Scrum best practices. You will:
- Maintain dependency plan between planned sprints/iterations across engineering, infrastructure and other parties; tracks iteration progress, actively contributing to design discussions, issue resolution and removing obstacles to ensure sprint/iteration commitments are met
- Break down barriers and shield the team from impediments precluding engineers from making progress against sprints and deadlines
- Facilitates discussion to identify alternative approaches to solve problems and drive resolution of conflicts to ensure team productivity
- Uses technical acumen to support team in technical issue resolution
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint/iteration, and create an environment in which the team is continually learning from past experiences, without authority, through effective change and leadership management
- Engage with product owner, business stakeholders, and delivery team as appropriate to understand business needs, identify appropriate solutions, and to create and prioritize the product backlog
- Steer and deliver project communications at all levels within technology and the business to ensure transparency of the development process and project performance, to coordinate escalation and issue resolution, to facilitate decision making, and to build trust
- Coaches the team to adopt Ontario Systems processes, Agile values, principles and practices, and actively encourages teams to reflect and improve their delivery capacity
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; and five+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in computer science, computer engineering or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience is preferred. Master’s degree and Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Project management expertise and leadership strengths to influence others to accomplish goals and achieve project success and demonstrated successfully managed concurrent and complex projects
- Understanding of all aspects of software design with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- Experience managing Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions that meet customer expectations for timeliness and quality
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
- Experience using Fogbugz, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and report writing tools
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to communicate the vision and scope of projects and experience in managing scope volatility, risks and issues throughout a project’s lifecycle
- Proactive, timely and concise communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, as well as flexibility and adaptability with respect to workplace culture, scope change, and concurrent project assignments
- Ability to build strong relationships with key constituents
We believe our values and You-Powered Culture set us apart. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values, we have some other great perks:
- Best Places to Work organization
- Career growth and mentorship opportunities
- You-Powered Culture – We’ll support you in getting what you need, from your first contact during your hiring process throughout your career at Ontario Systems
- Flexible work - we care about if you do your job, not where
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance with wellness discounts, medical, dental and vision care
- Well-deserved time off with Paid Time Off program, personal holiday, plus 8 paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Time Off Program – make a difference in your community
- 24/7 onsite fitness center
- Education assistance program
About Ontario Systems Ontario Systems is a leading provider of enterprise revenue cycle management software to the healthcare, accounts receivable management, and government markets. Established in 1980 and headquartered in Muncie, Ind., with offices located in Vancouver, Washington, and Albuquerque, New Mexico, and nearly 500 associates across 29 different states, Ontario Systems offers a full portfolio of leading software platforms, including Artiva RM™, Artiva HCx™, Contact Savvy®, and RevQ®. Ontario Systems’ industry-leading customers include 5 of the 15 largest hospital networks who actively manage over $40 billion in receivables collectively, as well as 8 of the 10 largest ARM companies and more than a hundred federal, state and municipal government clients in the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Ontario Systems, LLC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.