Ontario Systems is looking for a Database Analyst to provide system configuration, administration and support of its technology stack.
Third Shift 11pm to 8am. Training will occur during day shift (8am to 5pm) for the approximately the first month or two.
Candidates selected must successfully pass a business and government background clearance process as a condition of employment.
Are you comfortable in a fast-paced environment? Are you able to juggle multiple, complex priorities, and have strong expertise in database administration, networking and security protocols and troubleshooting? Then we want to talk to you!
Location This position will work from our Muncie, Indiana, location, which is near Ball State University and within easy commuting distance from Indianapolis.
Visa sponsorship or transfer of an existing visa is not available for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship or transfer.
What You’ll Do
- Complete tasks and/or service engagements on schedule (on time/on budget) within project plan as assigned. Tasks and projects may include: server migrations, database and application upgrades, database configuration and setup, database and application setup related to implementation of new clients, disaster recovery and business continuance plan, related database configuration and consulting
- Ensure project dependencies are understood and not a risk to project outcome
- Create and execute test plans with client to validate outcomes
- Perform configuration and training of database technologies used by Ontario Systems
- Troubleshoot and monitor success of project outcome from execution to support transition
- Provide clear communication and follow-up for projects in a timely manner that demonstrates commitment to serving the customer
- Escalate issues impacting project success as needed to client, internally, and with vendors
- Create and manage schedule of projects to meet billable utilization goals
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- 0-2 years related experience in computers, business, accounting, or other related field is required
- Proficient knowledge of storage systems
- Expertise in database administration, networking and security protocols and troubleshooting
- Expertise and advanced knowledge of database technologies such as JBase, UniVerse, or Caché
- Expertise in at least one major operating system such as Unix (Linux/AIX) and Windows
- Proficient knowledge of Virtual and Cloud Environments (VMWare, Hyper-V, AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of InterSystems Caché, Ensemble, and/or DeepSee a plus
- Strong customer service background is preferred
- Ability and discernment to solve complex problems and mitigate risks
- Ability to travel 1-2 days per month
We believe our values and You-Powered Culture set us apart. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values, we have some other great perks:
- Best Places to Work award-winning organization
- Career growth and mentorship opportunities
- You-Powered Culture – We’ll support you in getting what you need, from your first contact during your hiring process throughout your career at Ontario Systems
- Flexible work environment and c ompetitive pay
- Health insurance with wellness discounts, medical, dental and vision care
- Well-deserved time off with Paid Time Off program, personal holiday, plus 8 paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Time Off Program – make a difference in your community
- 24/7 onsite fitness center
- Education assistance program
About Ontario Systems Ontario Systems is a leading provider of enterprise revenue cycle management software to the healthcare, accounts receivable management, and government markets. Established in 1980 and headquartered in Muncie, Ind., with offices located in Vancouver, Washington, and Albuquerque, New Mexico, and nearly 500 associates across 29 different states, Ontario Systems offers a full portfolio of leading software platforms, including Artiva RM™, Artiva HCx™, Contact Savvy®, RevQ®, Full Court Enterprise ®, Full Case ®, and CitePayUSA. Ontario Systems’ industry-leading customers include 5 of the 15 largest hospital networks who actively manage over $40 billion in receivables collectively, as well as 8 of the 10 largest ARM companies and more than a hundred federal, state and municipal government clients in the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Ontario Systems, LLC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.