Ontario Systems is seeking an experienced, motivated Senior Business Development Representative for it’s growing Business Development team.
As a Senior Business Development Representative, you will be a player coach to new and early career Business Development Representatives, helping to boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth in this newly developed team.
You will be the liaison between the Marketing and Sales teams with the primary responsibility of top of the sales funnel prospecting and pipeline building of qualified leads to meet business plans, quotas, and company objectives. You will have proven experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and outbound research. Through strategic and careful communication with large hospital systems and/or state and local government entities you will be responsible for telephone and email prospecting, qualifying and processing marketing leads for the sales team; and generating summarized reports of key findings.
Location This position will work from our Muncie, Indiana, location, which is near Ball State University and within easy commuting distance from Indianapolis. We will consider a remote work structure, 1-2 days per week, once you are fully ingrained in the role.
Visa Sponsorship or transfer of an existing visa is not available for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship or transfer.
What You’ll Do
Contact and build relationships with assigned target accounts (50%)
- Support identification of target accounts and decision makers using determined criteria
- Follow-up on marketing-generated inbound leads and inquiries
- Manage a pipeline utilizing Salesforce to track activity and updates
- Conduct industry research to uncover pain points and find potential sales opportunities
- Conduct online research to gather contact information and other account details
- Utilize data enrichment on target accounts
- Handle a variety of communication including, but not limited to, cold-calling, inbound calls, warm follow-ups, and email campaigns
- Achieve yearly quota for leads generated/handed off to Sales Team (Sales Qualified Opportunities)
Business Development Player Coach (30%)
- Assist the VP Marketing & BD with training and development of new business development representatives. Create and document with SME’s team goals, processes and training methods.
- Act as an indirect coach, assisting with the on-boarding and training of new BD team members.
Partner with sales to develop lead and demand generation campaigns (20%)
- Provide feedback and recommendations on marketing efforts based on real front-line interactions
- Support development of lead engagement workflows and cadence
- Monitor trends and results of effort and present regularly to sales and marketing teams
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field required
- Four to six years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Four or more years’ experience in a BDR or SDR role or inside sales role required
- Strong written and verbal communication required
- Strong customer service orientation required
- Collaborative and cooperative attitude with sales and marketing teammates required
- Competitive sales spirit, goal orientation and self-motivation required
- Effective time management, organizational and consultative skills required
- Experience using Salesforce CRM (preferred) or other CRM tools required
- Basic ability in the use of desktop support tools such as Microsoft Office products, web and mobile solutions required
- Demonstrated capability to recognize and solve complex and cross-functional problems required
- Experience as a collaborative player coach and interest in growing into sales management is strongly desired
- Prior management of a business development team or other management experience a plus
- Experience qualifying and selling software or other technology products over the phone preferred
- Experience in B2B software industry preferred
- Extensive understanding of processes used in data analysis and why they are important preferred
- Excellent knowledge of finance and credit industry concepts preferred
- Knowledge of receivables management, healthcare, or government industries a plus
We believe our values and You-Powered Culture set us apart. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values, we have some other great perks:
- Best Places to Work award-winning organization since 2015
- Career growth and mentorship opportunities
- You-Powered Culture – We’ll support you in getting what you need, from your first contact during your hiring process throughout your career at Ontario Systems
- Flexible work environment and c ompetitive pay
- Health insurance with wellness discounts, medical, dental and vision care
- Well-deserved time off with Paid Time Off program, personal holiday, plus 8 paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Time Off Program – make a difference in your community
- 24/7 onsite fitness center
- Education assistance program
About Ontario Systems Ontario Systems is a leading provider of enterprise revenue cycle management software to the healthcare, accounts receivable management, and government markets. Established in 1980 and headquartered in Muncie, Ind., with offices located in Vancouver, Washington, and Albuquerque, New Mexico, and nearly 500 associates across 29 different states, Ontario Systems offers a full portfolio of leading software platforms, including Artiva RM™, Artiva HCx™, Contact Savvy®, RevQ®, Full Court Enterprise ®, Full Case ®, and CitePayUSA. Ontario Systems’ industry-leading customers include 5 of the 15 largest hospital networks who actively manage over $40 billion in receivables collectively, as well as 8 of the 10 largest ARM companies and more than a hundred federal, state and municipal government clients in the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Ontario Systems, LLC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.