Ontario Systems is seeking a Manager, Business Development to help generate revenue by developing opportunities for the Ontario Systems sales teams. This position will report to the VP of Marketing and Business Development.
Strong people leadership and development, lead generation, strategic and analytical mindset, technical savvy—you do it all with poise, confidence, and style. Revenue goals and business outcomes motivate you, but you’re also attuned to building close relationships with others—a combination that earns you respect and trust alike. You envision the large and complex but make it easy for others to understand.
Location This position will work from our Muncie, Indiana, location, which is near Ball State University and an easy commute from Indianapolis. We will consider remote work arrangements once you are ingrained in the role.
Visa sponsorship or transfer of an existing visa is not available for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship or transfer.
What You’ll Do
The Manager, Business Development & Strategy will manage and grow the Business Development Representative (BDR) team whose goal is to generate revenue by developing opportunities for the Ontario Systems sales teams. Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- marketing alignment to ensure the departments are connected and aligned on campaign info/intel
- development of sales prospecting cadences and best practices
- pipeline management from analysis to award and into contracting
- CRM stewardship, BD dashboard/s management, and leading strategy sessions for new client efforts
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 to 6 years related experience and/or training
- Four or more years' experience in B2B business development sales required
- Two or more years’ illustrated experience in managing BDR teams and reaching quotas
- Strong written and verbal communication required
- Strong customer service orientation required
- Collaborative and cooperative attitude with sales and marketing teammates required
- Goal orientation and self-motivation required
- Experience using Salesforce CRM (preferred) or other CRM tools required
- Experience using SalesLoft (preferred) or other Sales Engagement Platforms required
- Basic ability in the use of desktop support tools such as Microsoft Office products, web and mobile solutions required
- Demonstrated capability to recognize and solve complex and cross-functional problems required
- Experience qualifying and selling software or other technology products over the phone preferred
- Experience in B2B software industry preferred
- Extensive understanding of processes used in data analysis and why they are important preferred
- Excellent knowledge of finance and credit industry concepts preferred
- Knowledge of receivables management, healthcare, or government industries a plus
We believe our values and You-Powered Culture set us apart. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values, we have some other great perks:
- Best Places to Work award-winning organization
- Career growth and mentorship opportunities
- You-Powered Culture – We’ll support you in getting what you need, from your first contact during your hiring process throughout your career at Ontario Systems
- Flexible work environment and c ompetitive pay
- Health insurance with wellness discounts, medical, dental and vision care
- Well-deserved time off with Paid Time Off program, personal holiday, plus 8 paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Time Off Program – make a difference in your community
- 24/7 onsite fitness center
- Education assistance program
About Ontario Systems Ontario Systems is a leading provider of enterprise revenue cycle management software to the healthcare, accounts receivable management, and government markets. Established in 1980 and headquartered in Muncie, Ind., with offices located in Vancouver, Washington, and Albuquerque, New Mexico, and nearly 500 associates across 29 different states, Ontario Systems offers a full portfolio of leading software platforms, including Artiva RM™, Artiva HCx™, Contact Savvy®, RevQ®, Full Court Enterprise ®, Full Case ®, and CitePayUSA. Ontario Systems’ industry-leading customers include 5 of the 15 largest hospital networks who actively manage over $40 billion in receivables collectively, as well as 8 of the 10 largest ARM companies and more than a hundred federal, state and municipal government clients in the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Ontario Systems, LLC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.