A leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm, SSR provides innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. To achieve client needs, SSR has multiple locations across the US. Working with a diverse group of individuals in a variety of markets, our team of experts partner with our clients to deliver advanced solutions that last.
SSR is committed to providing opportunities and benefits to colleagues that promote living fully. Through various competitive benefits and programs available, SSR supports the health, well-being, and personal growth of its employees. SSR offers benefit options including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a generous contribution to employee-owned Health Savings Account, 401(k) with matching up to the full IRS maximum, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other employee incentives and wellness programs.
We know that SSR is a great place, but don’t take our word for it, see what our colleagues are saying at www.ssr-inc.com/life-at-ssr . Why Choose SSR? Look at our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages to discover more.
Looking for a Senior Medical Equipment Planner for Nashville.
The Senior Medical Equipment Planner successfully plans and manages the medical equipment scope for healthcare projects ensuring client satisfaction throughout the planning process. This position ensures all planning activities are performed in a manner consistent with documented processes while adhering to planning schedule and budget and ensuring data accuracy with equipment lists. Facilitating the planning process to ensure a successful new construction or renovation project that meets the client’s expectations. Help grow & develop a Nashville focused client base, and a team to serve that base.
- Responsible for establishing new client relationships
- Maintains client relationships
- Research, attend conferences and trade shows to stay current with new products and technology
- Provide professional customer interface and client relations. Interview and verify medical equipment requirements with the client and make recommendations for “best practices”
- Identify, evaluate, locate and recommend equipment to be purchased for new healthcare facilities, renovations and expansion of existing healthcare facilities. Work with clients to identify medical equipment needs and requirements based on service line.
- Attend off-site and remote client planning meetings and conduct virtual meetings.
- Coordinate with the REVIT design team for FF&E placement on documents.
- Manage information submittals of required vendors for incorporation into project drawings.
- Is involved in visioning and preplanning with clients
- Participate in user group meetings as required for all phases of the project (Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, Construction Administration and Procurement & Equipment Management).
- Attend design team coordination meetings during all phases of the project.
- Develop and distribute to project team the medical equipment Responsibilities Matrix.
- Attend OAC meetings as required by the construction process and the contacted fee.
- Coordinate and participate in vendor presentations, vendor site visits and pricing negotiations at the client’s request.
- Develop, issue and provide analysis on RFP’s as required by the client.
- Conduct medical equipment inventories which requires knowledge of all medical equipment.
- Plan equipment on a room by room level for each department, using proprietary software, ESP.
- Implement client standards during the planning and specification of equipment.
- Identify equipment and design conflicts during the design process to avoid costly construction delays.
- Develop and update budgets.
- Set daily priorities to meet established project deadlines.
- Facilitate meetings with medical personnel to establish appropriate placement and use of medical equipment for patient care.
- Review project drawings and coordinate equipment requirements on the plans. Ensures good communication between the project team, facility, divisional personnel, architects and contractors.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards for equipment installation and use.
- Work with architectural consultants and contractors to review drawings, identify and note design/equipment conflicts and work to reconcile drawings to functionality and provide equipment specifications.
- Identify and evaluate equipment in place to determine potential reuse, identify obsolete, unneeded equipment as contracted.
- Responsible for providing project equipment lists within established standards and guidelines.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies and products.
- Obtain information from vendors and coordinate with the architect & contractor.
- Develop a project service delivery strategy and ensure all team members adhere to the plan and schedule.
- Manage equipment budget for the project, review & track purchase orders and resolve issues pertaining to purchase orders.
- Obtain client approval and customer sign-off for selected medical equipment.
- Source medical equipment for quotes and compare pricing when contracted.
- Manage procurement process and equipment coordination process when contracted.
- Play an important role in planning, delivery, phasing, installation and operational verification of all medical equipment when contracted.
- Coordinate storage and final installation of major medical equipment when contracted.
- Provide client with final reports and equipment documentation at project completion.
- Participate in any move management projects as required
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and related experience in the Healthcare environment and / or Clinical arena
- 8 or more years of medical equipment planning experience or related experience
- Experience planning large complex projects in the acute care setting
- Understanding of architectural and design schedules and the ability to coordinate equipment programming with building design and construction
- Background in project management, construction management, architecture, design or project strategy planning preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Thorough knowledge of the appropriate use and allocation of medical equipment for direct patient care
- Knowledge of hospital and clinic procedures and department functions
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret architectural drawings
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Revit and AutoCAD
- Basic accounting knowledge and how to create and maintain budgets
- Interpersonal Skills – ability to interact positively and work effectively with others
- Comprehension – ability to understand information, ideas, and direction presented in writing and/or verbally communicated
- Written Communication Skills – ability to clearly deliver a message through written words using correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Speech Clarity – ability to speak clearly and in a common language so that others can understand you
- Active Listening Skills –practices attentive listening with the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when they disagree
- Detail-Oriented – ability to achieve accuracy and thoroughness when accomplishing a task; pays attention to details and is able to understand the cause of a certain outcome
- Judgement and Decision-Making Skills – ability to make reasoned judgments that are logical and well thought out; constructively questioning and analyzing information in order to make the best conclusion
- Presentation Skills – effective in a variety of presentation settings both inside and outside the organization; commands attention and can manage group processes during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working
- Organizational Skills – can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support, etc.) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner
- Persuasion – ability to help others understand one’s point of view
- Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind and establishes relationships gaining their trust and respect
SSR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Our mission is to make a positive difference for our clients, colleagues, and communities.