A leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm, SSR provides innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. To achieve client needs, SSR has multiple locations across the US. Working with a diverse group of individuals in a variety of markets, our team of experts partner with our clients to deliver advanced solutions that last.
SSR is committed to providing opportunities and benefits to colleagues that promote living fully. Through various competitive benefits and programs available, SSR supports the health, well-being, and personal growth of its employees. SSR offers benefit options including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a generous contribution to employee-owned Health Savings Account, 401(k) with matching up to the full IRS maximum, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other employee incentives and wellness programs. SSR is a 2019 A/E/C Building a Better World Award Winner which recognizes our commitment to community outreach and improvement.
We feel that SSR is a great place, but don’t take our word for it, See what our colleagues are saying at www.ssr-inc.com/life-at-ssr .
Why Choose SSR? Look at our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages to discover more.
W e are Certified "Great Place to Work" http://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/1001559
Looking for a Mechanical Engineer III/Project Manager for Memphis.
The Mechanical Engineer III/Project Manager performs detailed phases of design engineering work for a project of moderate to large size and complexity. Leads the project team in the development of design approaches and concepts on assigned projects. An Engineer III is fully competent in all conventional aspects of design engineering and is an expert within their discipline. Using their expertise and knowledge of developments in the field, an Engineer III assists with the development and execution of training for design staff.
- Assumes responsible charge for projects within the engineer’s experience and expertise
- Coordinates project designs with other disciplines to determine equipment needs, provide input for operating procedures, and provide technical information
- Evaluates the work of technical staff and provides feedback and/or corrections
- Attends meetings with owners, clients, or architects and communicates information from meetings to the project team
- Leads the project team in the development of design approaches and concepts on assigned projects
- Performs specific engineering studies and other design analyses using industry software
- Identifies collisions and ensures collisions are addressed and resolved by design staff
- Develops the overall man-hour budget and is responsible for the man-hour budget within the discipline; develops workplans for discipline team in accordance with the budget
- Develops and updates schedules with the Project Manager and plans work in accordance with the schedule
- Coordinates with suppliers, contractors, and clients to determine project scope
- Prepares and implements a proactive Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) plan for projects along with the Project Manager
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals
- Conducts project job site visits during construction to monitor progress and observe installed construction; makes comments based on design specifications, owner expectations, and building codes
- Coordinates with local authorities, utilities, and municipalities to incorporate associated construction and government standards
- Reviews work for technical accuracy and completeness prior to the final QA/QC review
- Assists senior technical staff in the development of technical documentation, proposals, and presentations to clients
- Provides mentoring and developmental guidance to team members
- Actively participates in professional organizations and client groups (i.e., attending events, serving on committees) where the technical reputation and professional image of the firm may be enhanced
- Maintains a continued focus on keeping up with industry trends and changes through continued self-education and training
- Assists technical leaders in the design and execution of technical trainings for colleagues
- Provides input during employee reviews
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an ABET accredited college with 12 years applicable experience in discipline design and analysis
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Must have project management experience.
- An expert in the discipline of his/her expertise
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Proficient in industry specific software (i.e., Revit and AutoCAD)
- Proficient in discipline specific software (e.g., Trace700 and SKM)
- Thorough knowledge of engineering theories and methodologies
- Thorough knowledge of drafting and design procedures, standards, and specifications
- Thorough knowledge of design specifications
- Thorough knowledge of applicable codes and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of equipment selection tools
- Thorough knowledge of construction costs and methods
- Interpersonal Skills – ability to interact positively and work effectively with others
- Technical Writing Skills – skilled in the area of summarizing or explaining technical information in a clear, concise and accurate way, communicating the point intended
- Comprehension – ability to understand information, ideas, and direction presented in writing and/or verbally communicated
- Written Communication Skills – ability to clearly deliver a message through written words using correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Speech Clarity – ability to speak clearly and in a common language so that others can understand you
- Detail-Oriented – ability to achieve accuracy and thoroughness when accomplishing a task; pays attention to details and is able to understand the cause of a certain outcome
- Judgement and Decision-Making Skills – ability to make reasoned judgments that are logical and well thought out; constructively questioning and analyzing information in order to make the best conclusion
- Organizational Skills – can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support, etc.) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner
- Mentoring Skills – provides support and feedback to less experienced colleagues; acts as a source of guidance, assistance, and expertise to less experiences colleagues
- Presentation Skills – effective in a variety of presentation settings both inside and outside the organization; commands attention and can manage group processes during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working
- Visualization – ability to produce an image mentally and use that information in designs
SSR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
EOE including Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Orientation/Identity
Our mission is to make a positive difference for our clients, colleagues, and communities.