As Pool Butler, you will be required to take food and beverage orders, prepare and serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and pool side amenities. Retrieve and serve food orders to guests according to hotel specifications, courteously and efficiently. Collect payments by ensuring either a guest room number and guest name and signature are properly documented on tab or by settling guest checks via cash or credit card. Pool Butlers will also assists in the maintenance of the pool amenities, pool area and corresponding equipment.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes in the Pool, Bar and Restaurant and respective prices.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/lounge station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper lounge and table setup of the Pool, Bar and Restaurant.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, garnish and method of presentation.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Complete opening side duties as assigned.
- Record guests' food and beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
- Input order into system and ensure transmission of food orders is verified by kitchen.
- Legibly document orders when system is down and distribute food orders to kitchen.
- Prepare all alcoholic beverage items at the bar and serve to guest in accordance with departmental standards.
- Open and serve wine bottles in accordance with departmental standards.
- Make all varieties of coffee in accordance with the departmental standards.
- Serve all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to the guest in accordance with departmental standards.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Assist guest with pool related needs, i.e. towels, sun block, etc.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas. Clean and reset tables immediately after guest departs.
- The ability to subordinate one’s personal agenda in favor of working collaboratively with the team to achieve departmental goals
- The ability to motivate and inspire others to work cooperatively to achieve a designated goal.
- Maintain a flexible schedule and be willing and able to work shifts that may include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to speak with confidence and command the attention of small and large parties
- Strong attention to detail
- Maintain of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- Think clearly, quickly, maintain concentration and take direction in high pressure situations
- Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Complete closing side duties as assigned.
- Must be able walk, stand and exert well placed mobility for up to ten (10 hours)
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
Education: High school or equivalent preferred
Experience: Two years of high end hotel or restaurant server experience preferred. Bartending experience and cocktail knowledge preferred.
Licenses or Certificates: TIPS and ServSafe certified preferred
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided).
This job posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position. Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success. EOE
L’Ermitage participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify Program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. Please review this important notice: