Position Title: Steward
L'Ermitage Beverly Hills stands among the finest of Beverly Hills California luxury hotels, a stately property embodying the spirit of a sophisticated private club and a gracious urban residence. L’Ermitage Beverly Hills is a 5 star hotel in the heart of Beverly Hills, offering the personalized touch and familiar ambiance of an exclusive residence.
Clean all F&B service areas using various tools, chemicals and equipment/ machinery. Wash, sanitize and store all dishes, flatware, silverware, glassware, pots, pans, utensils and cutting boards used for foodservice. Clean and maintain all equipment and dish machine. Take all trash to designated area. Clean all trash receptacles and replace trash bags in all trash receptacles. Sweep and mop areas designated by managing Chefs at the times specified. Complete other special cleaning projects as assigned.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Perform all duties assigned by managing Chefs in a timely and professional manner.
- Alert managing Chefs of any breakage and/or missing equipment.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Report any unsafe and/or unacceptable occurrences to managing Chefs in a timely and concise fashion.
- Maintain all storage areas for dishes, flatware, glassware, pot, pans and food storage containers in a clean and organized state.
- Check dish machine daily/nightly and report any concerns to managing Chefs.
- Have workstation ready for service before service time, all chemicals, gloves, tools and protective wear stocked.
- Comply with and enforce all safety and health department procedures as well as L’Ermitage and/or departmental policies/procedures. Comply with all state and federal laws. Be trained in all fire, safety and emergency procedures.
- The ability to listen to, assess, and appropriately respond to information conveyed through speech
- The ability to convey technical information through writing to a nontechnical audience so the recipients easily understand the information and can quickly and correctly apply it.
- The ability to exercise the personal discipline and extra diligence to assure that projects are completed on timely basis.
- The ability to subordinate one’s personal agenda in favor of working collaboratively with the team to achieve departmental goals
- The ability to motivate and inspire others to work cooperatively to achieve a designated goal.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent Hotel data.
- Flexible schedule - Willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to operate designated machinery.
- Ability to remain extremely alert while operating machinery.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and wares.
- Ability to withstand high temperatures, moisture and noise levels in work areas.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements in cleaning various work areas.
High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill laundry tasks
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 50lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length
- Must be able to work under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold)
- under variable noise levels
- around chemicals
Education: High school graduate or equivalent education preferred
Experience: 1 to 2 years previous experience in a similar position in a luxury hotel preferred
Licenses or Certificates: Serv Safe required
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
This job posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position. Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.
L’Ermitage participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify Program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. Please review this important notice: