Ensure that food is made to the exact specifications of the managing Chefs. Must assume responsibility for all dishes prepared by self. Must be ready to work in a high pressure, fast paced work environment, while retaining organizational ability to see and act on work duties quickly and efficiently. Responsible to prepare menu items and feature dishes in assigned station in the kitchen, including cafeteria, as directed by managing Chefs. Must follow the direction of Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chef in all aspects, including but not limited to portion control, station set up, mise en place, cleanliness, sanitation, food storage, break down and clean up. Must maintain good safety standards at all times. Must have an understanding and knowledge on how to use and maintain all equipment in the station and to cook food items as required by managing Chefs in a clean and timely manner.
General Responsibilities Include:
Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
Report any unsafe and/or unacceptable occurrences to managing Chefs in a timely and concise fashion
Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
Have workstation ready for service before service time, fully stocked and fresh
Comply with and enforces all safety and health department procedures as well as L’Ermitage and/or departmental policies/procedures. Comply with all state and federal laws. Be trained in all fire, safety and emergency procedures.
Must be willing to be trained in all areas of the kitchen and grow with the job.
- The ability to listen to, assess, and appropriately respond to information conveyed through speech
- The ability to convey technical information through writing to a nontechnical audience so the recipients easily understand the information and can quickly and correctly apply it.
- The ability to exercise the personal discipline and extra diligence to assure that projects are completed on timely basis.
- The ability to subordinate one’s personal agenda in favor of working collaboratively with the team to achieve departmental goals
- The ability to motivate and inspire others to work cooperatively to achieve a designated goal.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent Hotel data.
- Flexible schedule - Willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to operate designated machinery.
- Ability to remain extremely alert while operating machinery.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and wares.
- Ability to withstand high temperatures, moisture and noise levels in work areas.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements in cleaning various work areas.
- Respond quickly and positively to food orders and special requests
- Must have fundamental or higher knife skills
- Must be able to maintain consistent and correct plate presentation
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill laundry tasks
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 50lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length
- Must be able to work
- under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold)
- under variable noise levels
- around chemicals
Education: High school graduate or equivalent education preferred
Experience: 2 years or more of previous experience preferred in a similar position in a luxury hotel preferred
Licenses or Certificates: Serv Safe Preferred
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
This job posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position. Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.
L’Ermitage participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify Program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. Please review this important notice: