Join Hotel Zelos and the Viceroy Hotels & Resorts team today as part-time Bell/Doorperson at Hotel Zelos in San Francisco, CA!
ABOUT HOTEL ZELOS
Hotel Zelos is a boutique, high-design hotel ideally located in the heart of downtown San Francisco. The hotel resides in the historic Pacific Building, which opened in 1907. Hotel Zelos features stylish, contemporary design with 202 oversized rooms and suites, attentive and personally tailored service, complimentary WiFi, a 24-hour fitness center, and highly functional in-room workspaces. Hotel Zelos’ crown jewel is Dirty Habit, one of the City’s hottest restaurants known for small-batch whiskey, inventive small plates, and an edgy setting with a rare heated outdoor patio.
We are a contemporary hotel with 202 guestrooms and this allows us to offer a very personal experience. Our location in the SOMA District is also home to a variety of shops, businesses, restaurants, and nightlife, as well as walking distance to Chinatown and Union Square. The Powell Street BART station is just around the corner and the trolley cars are right on Market Street.
ABOUT OUR POSITION
The primary role of our Bellman/Doorman role is to escort arriving and departing guests in a friendly, courteous manner to and from their accommodations, transporting their luggage, acquaint each guest with room and features and to provide guests with immediate needs such as ice, sewing kits, etc. upon arrival.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Retrieves guest items from cars, busses, vans and carts. Grasps, lifts, carries and/or loads luggage and packages onto a bell cart to transport items throughout hotel to designated room. Navigates bell cart through public areas, guest room corridors and to elevators.
- Points out room features and directory for reference.
- Listens and responds to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice.
- Answers questions and offers assistance giving accurate information regarding outlet hours, other hotel services, directions to local attractions or function rooms, car rentals, airline shuttle service, etc.
- Organizes and stores luggage as necessary in a designated area.
- Greets customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome.
- Remain calm and attentive, especially during heavy hotel activity and emergencies.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Ability to understand and follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to read English language to ascertain information from luggage tags and claim checks to write numbers and names on claim checks and rooming lists.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage up to 100 lbs. continuously throughout shift.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in one hand to be able to load and unload luggage.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances on property.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Prior guest service or other hospitality experience preferred
Hotel Zelos is located at 12 4th Street in San Francisco, CA. EOE.
Employer will consider all qualified applicants in a manner that adheres to the regulations and requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance .