Be Bold with Us! Join Hotel Zetta and Viceroy Hotel Group team today as Front Office Supervisor!
ABOUT HOTEL ZETTA
In San Francisco, a city of bold contrasts and timeless originals, Hotel Zetta stands out. Ideally situated in the bustling heart of SOMA (South of Market Street), adjacent to the Westfield Shopping Centre just steps from Moscone Center, Hotel Zetta is a boutique hotel offering a unique enclave for savvy travelers, culture seekers, and local creatives. For travelers in search of ultramodern accommodations and dynamic gathering spaces in the cutting-edge neighborhood of Union Square, Hotel Zetta provides a high level of sophistication and service in a fresh, sustainable vibrant setting.
ABOUT OUR POSITION
Our Front Office Supervisor is responsible for assisting with the supervision of the Front Office operations and will professionally handle the requests and transactions of the hotel guests and management, coordinating with other departments as necessary. Incumbent must utilize available resources to provide excellent Guest Satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Handle guest check-ins and check-outs efficiently and in a professional manner, informing Guests of hotel’s facilities at time of registration.
- Handle guest issues, complaints, and requests and pro-actively resolve in a manner satisfactory to both the guest and the hotel.
- Coordinate with other departments to fulfill Guest special requests.
- Answer Guest questions regarding local area facilities and be able to give proper directions to these areas.
- Demonstrate proper telephone etiquette, transferring of calls, and taking accurate messages for Guests and staff, according to company standards.
- Ensure Guests’ special requests are fulfilled and services are properly delivered.
- Inform Housekeeping of vacant dirty suites as they become available upon check out.
- Update room status as Housekeeping notifies the desk of changes, if needed.
- Track status of show suites for tours and suites out of order for maintenance reasons.
- Notify Housekeeping and Maintenance of any reported problems with suites or grounds.
- Have working knowledge of reservations, procedures and yield management techniques. Take same day reservations and make accurate future reservations when necessary. Know cancellation and walked guest procedures and be able to perform them if needed.
- Assist in the verification, balancing and revenue maximization of hotel’s suite availability.
- Follow proper cash handling procedures and file and post all charges to guest folios and ledger accounts.
- Comply with Front Office communication and information systems through reports, logs, department meetings, coaching and counseling.
- Assist in training and supervising all Front Office staff.
- Responsible for sending Travel Agent commission checks and A/R billing. Maintain Travel Agent files and A/R.
- Communicate with the incoming shift employees by logging pertinent information in the Communications Log Book.
- Have a thorough knowledge of safety and emergency procedures and be able to execute them when necessary.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- High school diploma or equivalent and two years’ hotel front office or customer service experience.
- Basic computers skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, and email.
- Ability to provide clear direction, instruction and guidance to subordinates.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and implement control over the performance of subordinates.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, report or schedule form.
- Experience in meeting deadlines and multiple priorities of business demands as required.
- Possess basic knowledge of business contracts.
- Able to work with little or no supervision.
Hotel Zetta is located at 55 5th Street in San Francisco, CA.
We offer a wide variety of benefits to our full-time colleagues including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, travel benefits, a matching 401k and more!
See our extraordinary hotels at www.viceroyhotelgroup.com !
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.
Employer will consider all qualified applicants in a manner that adheres to the regulations and requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance.