Join Hotel Zelos and Viceroy Hotel Group team today as Front Office Manager at Hotel Zelos in beautiful San Francisco, CA!
ABOUT HOTEL ZELOS
We are a contemporary hotel with 202 guestrooms and this allows us to offer a very personal experience. Our location in the SOMA District is also home to a variety of shops, businesses, restaurants, and nightlife, as well as walking distance to Chinatown and Union Square. The Powell Street BART station is just around the corner and the trolley cars are right on Market Street.
ABOUT OUR POSITION
Our Front Office Manager oversees all Front Office activities and colleagues at the hotel, resolves problems arising from guests' complaints, reservations and room assignment activities, and unusual requests and inquiries by performing the following duties personally or through supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hires, trains and supervises the Front Office and Bell teams and conducts performance evaluations.
- Coaches, counsels and holds accountable colleagues when necessary.
- Plans, organizes, assigns and coordinates the daily activities and any special projects for the team to ensure compliance with the * * * Hotel's guest service standards.
- Regularly monitors the payroll budget to ensure labor costs are aligned with the forecast
- Fields guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions
- Listens and extends assistance in order to resolve problems such as rate conflict or facilities issues
- Inputs and retrieves information from the computer system for file maintenance, correspondence and preparation of all Front Office reports
- Regularly conducts Front Office staff meetings to ensure the team is informed, providing training and to create a positive work environment
- Establishes and maintains policies and procedures for the Front Office and interprets company policy for colleagues and enforces safety regulations
- Assigns duties and shifts to the staff and observes performance to ensure adherence to Hotel policies and established operating procedures
- Confers and cooperates with other department heads to ensure coordination of activities
- Answers inquiries pertaining to Hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions
- Meets and personally greets VIP Guests, whenever possible
- Reviews the group resumes, event schedules and daily reports to ensure proper staffing of the Front Office and Bell Desk
- Prepares the weekly schedule and makes modifications by regularly monitoring the house count, making adjustments accordingly to meet the needs of business
- Reviews, revises and approves daily payroll reports as needed
- Documents and submits a work order to report items that need to be repaired and follows up with the Maintenance Department accordingly
- When necessary, performs the duties of his/her colleagues
- All other duties as assigned or developed
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Prior experience in a supervisor or manager role within hospitality with a proven ability to lead strong teams.
- High school degree is required; B.A. degree or A.A degree is preferred.
- A positive, service-oriented attitude and desire to contribute to a team.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and anticipate guest needs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible availability
Hotel Zelos is located at 12 4th Street in San Francisco, CA.
We offer a wide variety of benefits to our full-time colleagues including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, travel benefits, a matching 401k and more!
See our extraordinary hotels at www.viceroyhotelgroup.com!
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.
Employer will consider all qualified applicants in a manner that adheres to the regulations and requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance.