Coming soon. Get ready, rebels. This is where every good story begins.
Meet Hotel Emblem.
Check in and leave the status quo behind. Hotel Emblem in downtown San Francisco, where Nob Hill meets Union Square and the Theater District, is opening soon as a haven for those that think as boldly as they live.
Inspiring conversation in all the right ways, with plenty of modern provocations, Hotel Emblem will feature a cocktail-focused restaurant and 96 vibrant guestrooms. Every corner is designed to spark creativity, from the bar inspired by the Beat Generation, to the book-filled Writer’s Alcove in the lobby, to the eclectic guestrooms, where patterns play and an expressive vibe thrives.
This hotel will be a muse – and you will be, too. Lend your voice at the weekly poetry slam. Get lost in the flow of nightly live jazz. Tap out a few thoughts on the lobby typewriter.
The Director of Sales & Marketing will lead the development and execution of strategic Sales and Marketing Plans for the hotel. In addition, they will lead and oversee all current and new initiatives for their property by maximizing profitability to achieve budget, revenue and market share targets. This will be achieved through the development and implementation of Sales, Marketing, and Revenue Generation Initiatives related to Transient, Group and Catering Markets. This position will also work directly with the Director of Revenue Management to support the hotel in maximizing revenues. This position directly reports to the General Manager and the Vice President of Sales, Americas.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Create strategic business plans based on comprehensive knowledge of market position, pricing and rate structures, sales strategies, yield management, booking trends, and future hotel planning.
- Further develop the brand message and brand positioning
- Develop, create and sustain long term marketing communication strategy including advertising, public relations, collateral and market positioning
- Develop annual public relations strategy and increase PR exposure
- Develop and implement media marketing strategy and program.
- Increase RevPAR (and RevPAR index)
- Analyze measure and seek to maximize the ROI of all marketing activities/initiatives.
- Recommend new and proven ways to bring revenues into hotel.
- Develop annual brand business plan.
- Develop annual brand sales & marketing budget.
- Develop and track metrics and success for all marketing programs and activities.
- Manage department and achieve budgeted revenues and expenses while maximizing profitability .
- Negotiate and finalize contracts with prospective clients as necessary.
- Develop, implement and manage the annual business and strategic marketing plans.
- Develop forecasts and other reports, as required; develop rates that maximize profitability.
- Implement group ceilings and strategies through thorough review of Competitive Set data.
- Prepare the annual rooms revenue and departmental budgets.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports, as required; demand analyses and mix management.
- Regularly evaluate future or advanced performance or process issues relating to group booking pace, backlog, reservations pace, rate yielding or conversion to identify any future revenue and performance shortfalls and upside opportunities.
- Actively lead and/or participate in regular Sales, Revenue, Marketing and Public Relations meetings.
- Assist in the recruitment & selection, training & development, and effective performance management of Sales team
- Communicate progress, obstacles and promotions with the Executive Committee to ensure full alignment.
- Regularly evaluate future or advanced performance or process issues relating to group booking pace, backlog, reservations pace, rate yielding or conversion in an effort to identify any future revenue and performance shortfalls and upside opportunities.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within the market and ensure members of the Sales Team are held accountable for their respective accounts.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a hotel Assistant Director of Sales/Sales & Marketing, Director of Sales or Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Knowledge of and experience within the San Francisco market.
- Strong Business Transient Experience strongly preferred.
- A proven track record of leading and inspiring teams to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Previous experience in a similar position within a luxury hotel environment.
We offer a wide variety of benefits to our full-time colleagues including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, travel benefits, a matching 401k and more!
See our extraordinary hotels at www.viceroyhotelgroup.com !
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.
Employer will consider all qualified applicants in a manner that adheres to the regulations and requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance .