Picturesquely located in one of the most desirable areas in Southern California, the Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel fuses classic sophistication and contemporary chic. Located just steps from the city's distinctive boutiques, restaurants and beach activities, Viceroy Santa Monica offers engaging service in a most unique setting.
At Viceroy Santa Monica, our financial operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues who believe in teamwork and have a passion for numbers. As Finance Coordinator, you will support the Finance team with varying accounting processes, which include closing the month, journal entries, processing outstanding money owed by the Hotel to its vendors, and ensuring invoices are paid on time with accuracy while providing excellent service.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Finance, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Open daily mail and validate invoices upon receipt
- Distribute invoices for approval as needed
- Audit invoices by verifying proper signatures, and proper backups to process payment following payment terms
- Match invoices with purchase orders and packing lists cross referencing accuracy on dollar amount, sales tax, quantity, and a description of the item ordered
- Verify Accounts Payable Records in compliance with Viceroy Hotel Group Policy & Procedures, General Accepted Accounting Principles and the Internal Revenue Services
- Month end journals/income journals
- Maintain vendor’s records
- Weekly check run for vendor’s invoices and a bi-weekly check run for Travel Agency’s commissions
- Reconcile vendors and travel agent’s commissions statements
- Resolve and answer payments concerns with vendors and departmental leaders
- Complete credit application for new accounts
- Collect W-9 forms and verify they are fully and properly executed for new vendors
- Assist with month-end closing period and year end closing by preparing journal entries and accuracy of any accruals
- Prepare and file 1099 forms
- Assist with auditing season by organizing requested information
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong computer literacy, with knowledge of Word, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong math and quantitative skills
- Experience in balance sheet reconciliations is a plus
- Exceptional communication skills, passionate, strategic and innovative
- Self-confident, proactive, and able to prioritize and make effective decisions
- Thinks critically and objectively; has excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands
- Must be able to sit at a desk, walk, and stand for up to four (4) hours
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
This posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position. Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.