Position Title: Server
Department: Food and Beverage
Perched four blocks above the Santa Monica shoreline, Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica offers a superior access point to Los Angeles. Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica is conveniently located just a few blocks from downtown Santa Monica’s engaging collection of shops, entertainment and restaurants and less than eight miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The area’s main leisure attractions, including the Santa Monica Pier, Third Street Promenade, Getty Museum, Getty Villa and Venice Beach are all within steps of Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica.
- Setting and maintaining the dining room environment and material perfectly clean.
- Set up tables up to our standard
- To have excellent knowledge of all menu items, including but not limited to wine and beverage lists, and also communicating this knowledge to the guest in an enthusiastic and professional manner.
- Serving and assisting the guest courteously and efficiently.
- Take customer food and beverage order
- Knowledge of food and beverage to be able to service and up sell the product
- Make sure that all silver and glasses are spotless
- Mark tables appropriately to food order
- Verbally announce each food/beverage item being served to each guest at the table in a clear, accurate and concise manner.
- Delivering the food/beverage to the guests' ensuring proper food/beverage item order is served to specific guest who placed the order without having to ask the guest what they ordered.
- Properly organizing the food/beverage items and their associated condiments, flatware, side plates collectively ensuring the table order is complete prior to running of the food/beverage/condiments/flatware, side plates
- Make sure that all product served are accounted for on the final bill
- Verify with each table during each course served
- Up keep and clear tables between courses throughout the meal
- Anticipate guest needs, as to where guests will never have to ask for anything
- Generates a good atmosphere
- Support the team and assist in running all food and beverage orders
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks inclusive of holidays.
- Must work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Must be able to carry multiple items in hand and keep on pace with business volumes
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must possess a positive attitude
- Must be energetic and outgoing
- Must be service oriented
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 25lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length
Education: High School or equivalent education preferred
Experience : A minimum of 2 year of experience as a server in an upscale hospitality environment
Licenses or Certificates : Serv Safe and TIPS Certification a plus
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success. EOE
Le Meridien Delfina will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with local "Fair Chance" ordinances.