We are currently seeking a highly-motivated Senior Director of Corporate Accounting for our Corporate Finance and Accounting Group, based in our West Hollywood Office.
Under general direction from the Vice President, Corporate Controller, the Senior Director of Corporate Accounting will manage the financial activities and accounting functions of the corporate office; supervise accounting staff; manage the annual financial audit ; manage the corporate payroll process and provide support to the hotels paymasters ; develop and distribute internal financial reports, perform difficult and complex statistical analyses; assist with the budget/reforecast preparation and the annual tax filing.
Required qualifications, skills, knowledge and abilities:
- A bachelor's degree with an emphasis in accounting or finance.
- Active CPA or CA required
- Public accounting experience is a plus
- Proficient in IFRS.
- A minimum of 10+ years of corporate accounting experience with a minimum of 5+ years of supervisory or management experience.
- Advanced excel and financial modeling skills.
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, presentation and organizational skills.
- Must work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- A self-starter with the ability to prioritize projects and manage workload.
- Effectively presents information in a clear, concise manner according to department/company SOP’s.
- Works well independently but also fosters an environment of teamwork by clearly operating as a team member.
- Multi-unit location experience
- Hotel management experience is a plus
The successful candidate will be expected to perform a variety of tasks and essential functions of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Manage and supervise daily operation of accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, and payroll for 5 corporate entities that get consolidated into a single P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statement at month end.
- Manage the daily staff workload, coordinate and review their work. Assign projects, evaluate results and identify and resolve problems.
- Maintain cash flow schedule and update bi-weekly for changes.
- Prepare month end consolidated workbook in excel including detailed financial analysis of actual to budget/reforecast variances for managements review.
- Upload monthly, quarterly and annual information into Hyperion software on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all monthly schedules are completed by the staff via sign off and review of the appropriate parties.
- Facilitate the timely close of the month end process including meeting all deadlines for financial reporting to management and the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for budget input and monitoring the revenues and expenditures through departmental checkbook accounting.
- Manage corporate payroll process and recording
- Adhere to all departmental policies and procedures and participate in the development of existing and new procedures and controls.
- Manage banking relationships with domestic and international banks.
- In charge of the corporate tax engagement ensuring all annual fees are paid timely, forms are filed, K-1’s are delivered to investors and information is circulated to our outside tax accountants as necessary.
- Work with the VP on the annual audit and prepare yearend audit schedules as requested by the auditors. Ensure the staff is meeting the PBC deadlines as proposed by the audit team.
- Troubleshoot software problems/issues in relation to our accounting software, SAGE 100. Set up new users, change rights, and coordinate resolution with the software vendor and our internal Information Technology group as necessary.
- Provide staff training and perform staff annual evaluations with input from others.
- Participate and lead management team activities, i.e. training, meetings, staff events, etc. as well as continue own job knowledge through educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and networking.
- Liaise and advise other teams within the business on the appropriate accounting treatment of business transactions.