Job Profile of the Restaurant Manager
Restaurant management background in a luxury property a must have!
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is looking for an experienced Restaurant Manager that will oversee the management of one of our food and beverage service outlets which includes three restaurants: The Terrace (breakfast), Bayside Restaurant (Casual dining – lunch and dinner) and the Great Room (fine dining - dinner) and three bars/ lounges: Cane Bar, Bayside Bar and The Palm Court Bar and Lounge. The Restaurant Manager for Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is responsible for the overall management of the restaurant and ensuring the highest level of food and beverage service is provided to our guests.
Job Specific Responsibilities to be undertaken by the Restaurant Manager include:
- Take responsibility for the overall supervision of all colleagues engaged in the operations of the department.
- To ensure that there is an excellent level of customer care and satisfactory level of customer satisfaction to include meeting and greeting guests and providing guidance and assistance in selecting food and beverage menu items.
- Maintain a spirit of cooperation and team building amongst colleagues.
- Prepare fortnightly schedules and payroll for colleagues within the department.
- Monitor staff appearance and ensure conformity with uniform and health and hygiene standards.
- Ensuring health and hygiene standards are kept and take necessary measures to correct any defects.
- Ensure all budgetary and customer care targets are achieved as profitability in the food and service outlets is a high priority.
- Ensure all equipment are serviced, cleaned and kept in good repair at all times.
- In consultation with the Stewarding and housekeeping department, ensure that a cleaning time table is developed and adhered to.
- Take active hands on approach in the department’s operation.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware and utensil quality and placement, monitoring food presentation and service.
- Constantly look for ways to improve any part of the operations of the restaurant.
- Complete all administrative duties.
- Perform any other tasks required as directed by the Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Required Qualities, Experience, Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalents in Restaurant/Hospitality Management
- Exceptional organization and leadership skills
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Energetic and quality driven, dependable and reliable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills( both oral and written)
- More than 5 years’ experience in a Restaurant Manager position role in a luxury brand property/restaurant industry
- Cost and quality control skills
Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
Ability to train and educate colleagues
The Restaurant Manager will have to work over weekends, on public holidays, and in the evenings. Shift work is a common feature of the role and the Restaurant Manager will have to work overtime in order to meet guest food and beverage service needs. The Restaurant Manager must be dressed smartly at all times, since he/ she needs to set a good example to the other members of staff. The role can be stressful, particularly at busy times; The Restaurant Manager should be passionate about food and beverage service and find their work very rewarding at all times.