Position Title: Part- time In Room Dining Server
Department: Food & Beverage
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills is an icon and private sanctuary. Every door reveals a suite. Each encounter is a first impression, and every guest a resident and celebrity.
Reporting to our Food & Beverage Management/Supervisory team. The IRD Server is responsible for delivering food from the kitchen to the guest room, accurately presenting and serving selected items, ensuring guest satisfaction throughout the experience and communicating effectively with team members and the management/supervisory team to prevent and resolve any issues.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Capability of offering a charismatic style of service tailored to specific guests and their needs
- Maintain composure and positive attitude in high pressure situations
- Learn and retain the product knowledge relative to the position on the floor
- Colleagues will be expected to successfully resolve any guest issues and complaints in addition to communicating all concerns to management
- Friendly and able to build a rapport with guests to establish future business
- The ability to listen to, assess, and appropriately respond to information conveyed through speech
- The ability to speak knowledgably about different food
- Capable of learning and correctly pronouncing words in foreign languages including but not exclusively French
- The ability to exercise the personal discipline and extra diligence to assure that projects are completed on timely basis.
- The ability to subordinate one’s personal agenda in favor of working collaboratively with the team to achieve departmental goals
- The ability to motivate and inspire others to work cooperatively to achieve a designated goal.
- Maintain a flexible schedule and be willing and able to work shifts that may include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to speak with confidence and command the attention of small and large parties
- General understanding of POS systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Maintain of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- Think clearly, quickly, maintain concentration and make concise decisions in high pressure situations
General Responsibilities Include:
- Calmly address a guest who has an issue with an aspect of their dining experience and know when and how to involve management/supervisory team members
- Speak eloquently about the hotel, restaurant, menu, style of cuisine, regional styles of cuisine and beverage
- Understand the different menu items
- Three years of fine dining server experience
- Prioritize guests’ needs above service team member convenience
- Gain insights to a guest dining preference through verbal and nonverbal cues
- Be respectful and courteous to all colleagues and guests
- Maintain the ambiance and service standards of the hotel at all times, while on property
- Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Serve orders by picking up and delivering guests' delivering accompaniments and condiments from service areas.
- Respond to additional guest requirements by inquiring of needs, observing dining process.
- Stock and restock service stations as needed
- Must be able walk, stand and exert well placed mobility for up to eight (8) hours
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
Education: High school or equivalent preferred
Experience: Previous fine dining restaurant server experience prefered. Micros experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates: TIPS and ServSafe certified preferred
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided).
This job posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position. Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success. EOE
L’Ermitage participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify Program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. Please review this important notice: