Picturesquely located in one of the most desirable areas in Southern California, the Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel fuses classic sophistication and contemporary chic. Located just steps from the city's distinctive boutiques, restaurants and beach activities, Viceroy Santa Monica offers engaging service in a most unique setting.
Food & Beverage Manager:
At Viceroy Santa Monica, exceptional service and innovative cuisine are the hallmarks of every dining experience. As Assistant Food & Beverage Manager, your passion for guest service and the pride you take in our menu offerings will ensure your Outlet is a preferred dining destination and workplace!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Focus on creating revenue driving ideas and opportunities to engage and innovate with both the local market and in-house guests
- Active floor management, driving the service vision within the Outlets to build guest loyalty and outstanding service results
- Ensure that all colleagues are trained and held accountable for brand standards and that colleagues are always reflective of our grooming standards dressed in a clean and proper uniform
- Manage and develop audit programs of brand standards and completes coaching sessions with colleagues when necessary
- Consistent presence with colleagues in the Outlet areas while balancing the administrative needs of the position
- Ensure departmental schedules reflect our service commitments, colleague needs and business-productivity commitments
- Take responsibility of the cleanliness, maintenance and storage procedures of the Outlets
- Participate in ordering, inventory, and monitor use of supplies
- Execute opening and closing checklists
- Review daily reports (Arrival, VIP, Group Resumes, etc) and communicate all special requirements and monitor execution
- Conduct daily shift briefings ensuring that our colleagues are well informed and prepared to deliver outstanding service
- Ensure proper cash handling procedures are followed and Accounting standards are adhered to
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment for both colleagues and guests.
- Additionally oversee day to day operations of In Room Dining and Mini Bar with F&B Management team
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have open schedule availability – morning/afternoon/evening shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Previous Food & Beverage experience in a leadership role required
- Micros (point of sale) experience preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable, with a hands on management style
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Constant lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Licenses or Certificates: TIPS certified preferred and Servsafe certification required
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided).
This posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position. Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.