Position Title: Director of Food & Beverage
Department: Food & Beverage- Management
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills is an icon and private sanctuary. Every door reveals a suite. Each encounter is a first impression, and every guest a resident and celebrity. AVEC NOUS is a contemporary take on the classic French bistro; a hip St. Tropez vibe that delivers a fresh culinary experience to Beverly Hills. With inspiration emanating from the Mediterranean coast, Spanish and Italian touches compliment this Riviera feel. European spices accompany locally sourced seasonal ingredients to offer a refined yet inviting dining experience. Our passion is defined by our name: AVEC NOUS - dine with us, drink with us, celebrate with us.
The Director of Food & Beverage is forms part of the Hotel’s Leadership Executive team who collectively make key strategic and operational decisions for the Hotel. The Director is responsible for managing the Food and Beverage Operation which includes the restaurant, bar, lounge, banquets, roof top pool and private dining. The primary responsibilities for this position are to ensure guests receive the highest level of food quality and service in accordance to standards set by Viceroy Hotel Group, AAA and Forbes Five Stars, manage and develop the F&B team, devise and monitor annual budgets, manage labor control and operating expenses, and maximize the sales potential thorough effective marketing, programming and up selling by servers. He/she will ensure adherence to Viceroy Hotel Group and state required Health and Food Safety standards, as well as ensure compliance of all food handling laws.
General Responsibilities Include:
- To ensure that each food and beverage outlet and banquet is managed successfully as an independent profit center.
- To ensure that each outlet is managed by a Management Team (Outlet Manager / Chef de Cuisine) who are totally accountable for their profitability.
- To co‑ordinate the formulation of the Annual Operating Budget in determining outlet projected revenues and expenses, operating equipment and FF&E requirements in line with the compilation of the Annual Business Plan.
- To monitor all costs and recommend measures to control them.
- To ensure that the Department Operational Budget is strictly adhered to.
- To ensure that all the outlets and banquet are managed efficiently according to the established concept statements.
- To ensure that the minimum operating standards are adhered to in order to achieve the level of service established by Viceroy and Forbes Standards
- To monitor service and food and beverage standards in all outlets and banquets. To work with the Outlet Managers, Banquet Director and respective Chef de Cuisine / Sous Chefs to take corrective action where necessary.
- To handle all guest complaints, requests and enquiries on food, beverage and service.
- To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship.
- To ensure that all Departmental Operations Manuals are prepared and updated.
- To co‑ordinate the formulation of the Annual Marketing Plan to establish a list of marketing activities in line with the compilation of the Annual Business Plan.
- To conduct monthly Food and Beverage Meetings
- To conduct daily operations briefing with the Outlet Managers Assistant Managers or Team Leaders.
- To identify market needs for both, hotel guests and the local market.
- To monitor and analyze the activities and trends of competitive restaurants, bars and other hotel's banqueting departments.
- To ensure that all Food & Beverage Management Teams and Catering Department are fully aware of market needs and trends and that their products meet these requirements.
- To respond to any changes in the Food and Beverage Department function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
- Must be an example of the Viceroy Ideology, Values, Brand Standards, and a champion of appearance & hygiene guidelines
- Implements guidelines, policies and procedures for those operating departments according to Viceroy Guidelines & Standards
- To train and develop Manager so that they are able to operate independently within their own profit centers.
- To ensure that each Manager plans and implements effective training programs for their staff.
- To develop departmental trainers and assign training responsibilities.
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance periodically.
- To ensure that Monthly one-on-one are conducted with all F&B employees.
- To conduct employee yearly performance appraisal.
- To identify and develop talents within the organization for future potential growth into the group
- To carry out quarterly, bi‑yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment.
- Develops and maintains an effective training and inspection program to ensure the highest levels of service as established by Forbes, AAA, and other industry standards.
- Leads in the review of the Review Pro and other data to identify areas of improvement: reviews results with colleagues to develop appropriate corrective action and ensure implementation.
Must exhibit an approachable an authentic engaging demeanor
Knowledge of Food and Beverage Operational Procedures.
Excellent training/facilitation skills
Knowledge of safety standards
Effective Decision making skills
Strong Problem solving skills
Strong Organizational skills
Ability to manage labor effectively
Excellent communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
Effective Conflict Management Skills
Strong customer and colleague relation skills
Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
May be required to work varying schedules.
Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
Must be able to bend, stoop, squat.
Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. frequently.
Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time
High School Diploma or equivalent required, College or University degree preferred.
Hotel/Catering training/certification preferred.
Must have 4+ years of leadership experience managing in a similar position or at a similar luxury level of Five Star/Five Diamond hotel.
All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided).
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position. Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.
L’Ermitage participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify Program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. Please review this important notice: