Job Profile of the Director of Residences
Rooms management and Butler Services background in a luxury property a must have!
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is looking for an experienced Director of Residences that will oversee the management of our twenty six residences. The Director of Residences for Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort will provide leadership and guidance to all colleagues attached to the department. In this role they will also act as a direct liaison between residence owners and residence guests relative to any queries or concerns that they have with the aim of ensuring guest satisfaction while balancing the need to achieve optimal financial results for residence owners.
Job Specific Responsibilities to be undertaken by the Restaurant Manager include:
- Be completely familiar with all hotel facilities, room types, operating hours and VHG Culture standards.
- Work in partnership and collaborate with housekeeping and engineering to achieve operations efficiency and profitability for all key stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and assistance to Residences services colleagues.
- Complete annual performance dialogue for management colleagues who work in the Residences.
- Evaluate individual training needs/requirements for colleague advancement, create and implement training and development plans for the residences department.
- Maintain high visibility interacting with all colleagues and residence guests on a continuous basis to provide assistance and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintain cleanliness and excellent condition of residences; ensure residences are always in pristine condition for all arriving guests and ensure that defects are promptly addressed.
- Proactively manage preventative maintenance program for residences depending on forecast.
- Oversee the personalized, friendly and efficient rooming of residence guests.
- Respond to all residence guests’ requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the Butler, Housekeeping, Laundry or Engineering department, through comment cards, letters, and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Conduct daily department pre-shift meetings and monthly departmental meetings.
- Maintain appropriate stock of departmental supplies whilst respecting VHG purchasing S.O.P.’s and process/follow-through on Purchase orders, vouchering of invoices and check book accounting.
- Assist in the preparation of annual department budget.
- Manage department costs and updates budget if operational forecast change significantly.
- Ensure all implementation of all VHG hotel policies and house rules.
- Execute emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards.
- Comply with required safety regulations and procedures.
- Comply with hotel policies and rules.
- Actively participate in the environmental initiatives of the hotel.
- Liaise with the F & B department on the provision of requests for groceries and other F & B services on behalf of residence owners/guests.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing team to ensure that all residences are advertised/promoted in the trade.
- Work closely with Reservations team to ensure that all residences are even in occupancy and residence revenue is equally spread.
Required Qualities, Experience, Education:
The Director of Residences will have to work over weekends, on public holidays, and in the evenings. Shift work is a common feature of the role and the Director of Residences will have to work overtime in order to address complicated problems. The Director of Residences must be dressed smartly at all times, since he/ she needs to set a good example to the other members of staff. The role can be stressful, particularly at busy times; The Director of Residence should find their work very rewarding at all times.