Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills stands among the finest of Beverly Hills California luxury hotels, a stately property embodying the spirit of a sophisticated private club and a gracious urban residence. Viceroy L’Ermitage Beverly Hills L’Ermitage is a 5 star hotel in the heart of Beverly Hills, offering the personalized touch and familiar ambiance of an exclusive residence.
Responsible for taking Private Dining orders in accordance with the standards of service set by the hotel, ensuring the highest levels of accuracy and guest satisfaction. The Private Dining Order Taker will works as part of the Food and Beverage team to successfully execute Private Dining operations. Job tasks include but are not limited to answering multiple phone lines in a professional manner and within the Forbes 5 Star guidelines of service expectation, understand and explain menu items to our guests in order to suggest proper recommendations, inputting guest orders and posting proper charges to the POS system, ensuring accurate communication of orders to kitchen and receipt of orders by Servers, settling checks to the proper guest folio and maintain accountability for all transactions in accordance with Hotel and accounting standards, track orders to ensure service standards for delivery and pick-up are being met. The Private Dining Order Taker will continually work with the Food and beverage team to improve guest, owner and colleague satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
General Responsibilities Include:
Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
Maintain knowledge of Food & Beverage Outlet Menus/Menu items or changes in Menus.
Ensure compliance of local and Company sanitation standards.
Strive for continuous improvement and excellence in all areas of responsibility
Answer the telephone in the correct number of rings according to Forbes 5 Star standards and to speak in a clear, professional manner addressing the guest by name.
- Taking the order from the guest correctly and to read back the order to confirm it is correct.
- Ensure that the order has been input into the POS and is accurate.
- Advise the guest how long it will take before the order is delivered
- To ensure the order is passed to the kitchen/Servers promptly.
- To keep a track of orders and follow up if any are delayed. If there is a delay to ensure that the guest is advised and that the proper colleagues are aware.
- Comply with performance standards, policies and procedures in Food & Beverage.
- Control the level of business in a fashion that obtains both the yield required to meet forecast and the service that guests expect.
- Maintain a working relationship with all departments in the hotel.
Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquires accurately.
Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
Maintain complete knowledge of:
scheduled daily activities and in-house groups.
daily house count.
hotel extension numbers.
Inspect Private Dining tables and stations, ensuring that all set ups meet the department standards.
Follow up with guest to ensure satisfaction with order and follow up on corrections.
Answer telephone courteously and efficiently as specified in departmental standards.
Take, record and confirm orders as specified in departmental standards.
Accommodate all requests for information courteously.
Communicate V.I.P. arrivals and special requests to designated personnel for follow up.
Monitor and ensure that all aspects of service conform to departmental standards.Notify respective personnel for problems to be corrected.
Ensure tables are picked up after appropriate amount of time has passed.
Oversee all aspects of department during absence of Manager and/or Supervisor.
Be familiar with operation of P.O.S. system and manual system procedures.
- Each colleague is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management which the associate is capable of performing.
The ability to listen to, assess, and appropriately respond to information conveyed through speech
The ability to communicate effectively in English with guest managers and colleagues
The ability to convey technical information through writing to a nontechnical audience so the recipients easily understand the information and can quickly and correctly apply it.
- Good knowledge of Food & Beverage and Room Service operational procedures beneficial.
- Good knowledge of Food & Beverage service standards preferred.
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department.
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems.
The ability to exercise the personal discipline and extra diligence to assure that projects are completed on timely basis.
The ability to subordinate one’s personal agenda in favor of working collaboratively with the team to achieve departmental goals
The ability to motivate and inspire others to work cooperatively to achieve a designated goal.
Flexible schedule - Willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, nights, Overnights, weekends and holidays.
- Focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous.
- Promote positive relationships with colleagues and all guests who interact with the Room Service department in person and by telephone.
- Multitask, think clearly, quickly, and maintain concentration in busy situations.
- Focus attention on details.
- Suggestively sell selected food and beverage items.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Must be able walk, stand and exert well placed mobility
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
Education: High school or equivalent education preferred.
Experience: Minimum 1 year experience in similar position preferred
Licenses or Certificates: TIPS and ServSafe certified
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
This job posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position. Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.
L’Ermitage participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify Program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. Please review this important notice: