Job Code: HR/TD01
Location: Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
Training and Development Manager
Company Overview: Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, is located on the quiet southwest coast of St. Lucia. This luxury resort is spread over more than 100 lush acres of tropical rainforest in the embrace of the island‘s UNESCO World Heritage-listed Pitons. The resort is 5 miles from the historic town of Soufriere, and is the former site of an 18th century Sugar Estate (La Jalousie).
Job Description: The Training and Development Manager is accountable for promoting continuous learning and managing the training and development of the Resort’s colleagues. This role involves planning and coordinating colleague training and development within the framework of human resources policy guidelines established within Viceroy Hotel Group.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinating all in-house employee training and development activities.
- Developing and facilitating training and development programs to improve work related knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Liaising with and assisting individual departments in developing and implementing their training and development plans.
- Identifying and coordinating opportunities for external training and development.
- Assisting with selecting, training, coaching and supporting departmental trainers.
- Continually assess training needs, and annually conduct a formal, hotel wide needs assessment.
- Assisting in planning and coordinating colleague reward and recognition programs and HR led colleague functions and events.
- Providing advice and interpreting local legislation, HR policies and colleague handbook.
- Assisting with the orientation of new colleagues.
- Fulfilling any other related or ancillary duties and tasks required as directed by the Director of Human Resources or representative thereof.
Required Qualities, Experience, Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in human resources, training/learning, organizational development or related field.
- Exceptional organization and leadership skills
- An enthusiast for learning and supporting how others learn
- Energetic and quality driven, dependable and reliable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills( both oral and written)
- More than 5 years’ experience in a Training and Development Manager role in a hotel environment
- Innovative and creative thinker with good presentation skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to influence and sell new ideas to persons at all levels in the organization