Perched four blocks above the Santa Monica shoreline, Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica offers a superior access point to Los Angeles. Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica is conveniently located just a few blocks from downtown Santa Monica’s engaging collection of shops, entertainment and restaurants and less than eight miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The area’s main leisure attractions, including the Santa Monica Pier, Third Street Promenade, Getty Museum, Getty Villa and Venice Beach are all within steps of Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica
Implement a successful solicitation strategy to group market segments in order to meet and/or exceed revenue goals.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals. This will consist of telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections, and written communication and file maintenance.
- Participate in daily sales meetings, sales strategy meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales related meetings as required.
- Work with other departments within the hotel to provide quality service to customers.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
- Maintain knowledge of market, competition and customers.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic mathematical/computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of all departments of hotel.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a friendly and positive manner with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints.
- Sales ability and skill in both oral and written form.
- Ability to establish and master goals.
- Ability to identify and develop new accounts and markets.
- Ability to make independent judgments and function with minimal or no supervision.
- Professionally represent the hotel at all industry/community functions.
- Participate as a team player with all departments.
- Assist with reports and/or competition data collection.
- Excellent customer relations, communication, presentation and organization skills
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple tasks
- Must be outgoing and a proven self-starter
- Weekends and Holidays may be required as business needs warrant
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time up to four (4) hours.
Education: Bachelors Degree.
Experience: Minimum of 2-4 years of sales experience required, preferably in a hotel capacity. County specific hotel market knowledge a plus.
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success. EOE
Le Meridien Delfina will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with local "Fair Chance" ordinances.