Viceroy Chicago, located in the exclusive Gold Coast neighborhood, marks Viceroy’s first destination in the Midwest. Located at the site of the 1920's-era Cedar Hotel, among historic mansions and just steps to the Magnificent Mile and Lake Michigan, Viceroy Chicago will offer a locally-inspired luxury experience with 180 guestrooms, including 18 suites. Explore modern, Midwest flavors at the hotel’s restaurant or head up to the rooftop bar, pool and lounge, perched 18 stories high for a sweeping panorama of Great Lake views and Chicago’s iconic, soaring skyline.
The Sales Coordinator supports the Sales Department and our clients. This position also includes a small booking component that allows the Coordinator to work directly with small meetings clients. This position reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing, adheres to Company standards and accepts other responsibilities as assigned.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Sales & Catering team administratively including correspondence, preparing reports and assisting with reservations.
- Provide telephone and message support for the department and respond to inquiries in a timely, clear and pleasant manner. Exercise decision making skills to direct requests.
- Maintain client profiles, contacts and additional essential records used in the Sales & Catering operation.
- Assist the Sales & Catering team with the preparation of contracts, proposals and addendums and track the completion status.
- Act as liaison between Sales & Catering Managers and clients in Sales & Catering Managers’ absence. Take booking inquiry information via phone and prepare proper paperwork.
- Directly books small meetings business, along with managing social guestroom blocks. The management of small meetings includes a small incentive based on booking goals.
- Handle reservations for VIP clients. Ensure that all arrangements, including upgrades and amenities, are handled properly. Coordinate with other departments through verbal and written instruction.
- Block group & meeting space specifications and ensure that accurate information is collected and entered in the reservations system.
- Communicate with all hotel departments as appropriate. Ensure prompt attention to time sensitive requests by hotel colleagues.
- Order office supplies and collateral inventory for Sales & Catering Department and Executive Offices.
- Complete additional projects as assigned
The ideal candidate:
- Is self-directed, motivated and demonstrates intuitive customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively deals with internal and external customers, with high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Has exceptional attention to detail, organizational, analytical and time management skills.
- Multi-tasks and prioritizes in a fast-paced work environment.
- Exercises sound judgment; evaluates situations and utilizes appropriate and creative resources to solve problems.
- Is technologically savvy, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Delphi, and Opera Preferred. Must be able to create compelling and creative presentations using a variety of programs and tools
· Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual activity
Education: High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
Experience: 1-2 years’ administrative support experience is preferred, hotel experience is a plus but is not require
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, well-groomed, and professional appearance (specific standards will be provided)
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position. Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Chicago participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. Please review this important notice: