Picturesquely located in one of the most desirable areas in Southern California, the Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel fuses classic sophistication and contemporary chic. Located just steps from the city's distinctive boutiques, restaurants and beach activities, Viceroy Santa Monica offers engaging service in a most unique setting.
Assistant Director of Finance:
At Viceroy Santa Monica, our financial operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues who believe in teamwork and have a passion for numbers. As Assistant Director of Finance, you will support the Director of Finance and supervise the Hotel's Finance Department, which include month-end closing, month-end reports, capital budgets, inventories, and general ledger reconciliations.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Finance, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Finance team in the performance of their duties, including daily work and problem solving.
- Assist the Director of Finance with varying projects as assigned.
- Update daily revenue figures and transfers.
- Verify balance sheet account coding.
- Ensure City Ledger transfers are correctly transferred from bank accounts and general cashier daily.
- Prepare and process journals for all transactions at month-end.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and attend a review with Director of Finance each month
- Prepare and submit tax returns.
- Complete daily bank reconciliation of separate bank accounts.
- Prepare and submit cash position of the hotel weekly.
- Responsibility for overall control of petty cash, cash floats and change.
- Ensure the hotel maintains proper cash controls and sufficient cash balances.
- Ensure payroll is accurately prepared and approved and processed on a timely weekly basis.
- Attend department training sessions and meetings.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all Departments.
- Supervise, train and develop any direct reports.
- Strong computer literacy, with knowledge of Word, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- To assist in the training of employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency and in the most productive manner.
- To ensure that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Hotel and Department Operations Manuals.
- To ensure that the Department's operational budget is strictly adhered to and that all costs are controlled, and expenditure approved.
- Strong math and quantitative skills
- Experience in balance sheet reconciliations is a plus
- Exceptional communication skills, passionate, strategic and innovative
- Self-confident, proactive, and able to prioritize and make effective decisions
- Thinks critically and objectively; has excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- To attend training and meetings as required.
- To contribute to regular departmental communications meetings.
- To comply with local legislation and be conversant and act in accordance with any such matters relating to your department.
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
This posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position. Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.