Position Title: Sales Coordinator
Perched four blocks above the Santa Monica shoreline, Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica offers a superior access point to Los Angeles. Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica is conveniently located just a few blocks from downtown Santa Monica’s engaging collection of shops, entertainment and restaurants and less than eight miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The area’s main leisure attractions, including the Santa Monica Pier, Third Street Promenade, Getty Museum, Getty Villa and Venice Beach are all within steps of Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica.
This position is responsible for performing administrative duties for the Director of Sales and Marketing and Sales Managers.
General Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Performing administrative duties for the Director of Sales /and Marketing and Sales Managers including filing, faxing, copying, preparing reports, and compiling sales kits.
- Assisting DOS and Sales Managers with the preparation of addendums and tracks their status.
- Assisting Sales Managers to block group meeting specifications and ensuring accurate information in the computerized database.
- Producing weekly and monthly reports.
- Providing telephone support for Sales and Catering departments.
- Inputting Group Reservation
- Maintaining Group Room Block
- Maintaining all profiles, contacts and mailing lists in CI/TY.
- Maintaining inventory of office supplies and promotional materials for Sales Department.
- Assisting with and completing special projects and assignments as designated by the Director of Sales/Marketing or Sales Managers.
- Providing administrative support to the Catering Sales team
- Thorough knowledge of CI/TY, MARSHA and Lightspeed systems preferred.
- Strong technical and organizational skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills/pleasant telephone demeanor
- Understanding of and currently active on social media tools and techniques (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, FourSquare, Blogs, etc.)
- Online marketing, eCommerce experience a plus
- Good writing, editing and image production skills
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with numbers/spreadsheets
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint are essential
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in an accurate and organized manner
- Strong project manager with ability to multi-task
- Enthusiastic team player who approaches projects in a collaborative manner
- Self-starter with ability to work independently when needed
- Demonstrated initiative to identify areas for improvement and take the lead to implement changes
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time up to four (4) hours.
Education: High school certificate or equivalent
Experience: Must have experience in hospitality industry
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success. EOE
Le Meridien Delfina will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with local "Fair Chance" ordinances.