Picturesquely located in one of the most desirable areas in Southern California, the Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel fuses classic sophistication and contemporary chic. Located just steps from the city's distinctive boutiques, restaurants and beach activities, Viceroy Santa Monica offers engaging service in a most unique setting.
Every memorable dining experience at Viceroy Santa Monica start behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Sous Chef, the care you devote to all aspects of food preparation will result in the creation of truly spectacular fare.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chef de Cuisine, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Prepare and service all food items for a la carte and/or Event menus according to Hotel recipes and standards
- Follow direction from Chef de Cuisine regarding execution of menus and standards, with full understanding of ingredients
- Organize shift briefings with daily information, i.e.,VIPs, events, introducing new dishes
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate
- Ensure month end inventory is complete and accurate with assistance from Chef de Cuisine when necessary
- Maintain cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in the Culinary field required
- Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Licenses or Certificates: Servsafe certification required
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided).
This posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position. Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.