The Staff Accountant prepares, develops and reviews Viceroy New York’s accounting and financial information, as well as provides a strong level of support to the accounting team. Experience with Payroll processes, Accounts Payable, Receivables and General Cashier preferred.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Answering all vendor inquiries
- Preparing and reconciling daily deposits and reporting any discrepancies
- Invoicing hotels on a monthly basis for Intercompany charges
- Preparing Month-End reconciliations of Accounts Payable
- Maintain House Bank to contracted amount as well as oversee all other house Banks
- Oversee all aspects of Accounts Payable
- Reviewing month end reporting package for data validation
- Performing regular audits of all house banks and distributing petty cash to established guidelines
- Entering and organizing Purchase Orders and Invoices, ensuring all appropriate backup is included
- Preparing check payments, obtaining authorizing signatures and filing
- Performing additional duties, as assigned
- Working knowledge of Opera preferred.
- Must be self directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and openly in all interactions.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, along with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with maximum accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail.
- Technologically savvy and computer literate, with extensive knowledge of Accounting software, and all MS Office programs.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
Education: Bachelors degree with specialization in Accounting or Finance
Experience: 1-2 years of hotel accounting experience. Prior experience within a hotel environment preferred.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.