Perched four blocks above the Santa Monica shoreline, Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica offers a superior access point to Los Angeles. Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica is conveniently located just a few blocks from Santa Monica's engaging collection of shops, entertainment and restaurants and less than eight miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The area's main leisure attractions, including the Santa Monica Pier, Third Street Promenade, Getty Museum, Getty Villa and Venice Beach are all within steps of Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica.
To assist in the Associate director of Food & Beverage in the leadership, direction, organization and management of Food & Beverage operational areas within the hotel in order to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service, and merchandising to maximize profits continually improve guest and colleague satisfaction, garner feedback and maximize the financial performance. This position will have a specific focus in the Banquets department operations, but will be required to supervise shifts in all Food & Beverage outlets.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in the primary language of the workplace (English).
- Previous Hotel experience preferred.
- Previous Banquets Experience Preferred.
- Previous restaurant management experience required.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer programs, math skills as well as basic budgetary and inventory capabilities required.
- Ability to lead subordinate staff, including, but not limited to, assignment of duties, evaluating service and taking disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions quickly to meet the need of the operation required.
- Knowledge of banquet standards and staffing levels.
- Knowledge of hotel food and beverage operations in a luxury environment preferred.
- Knowledge of food and alcoholic beverages required.
- Capable of offering a charismatic style of service tailored to specific guests and their needs.
- Maintain composure and positive attitude in high pressure situations.
- Learn and retain detailed product knowledge.
- Colleagues will be expected to successfully resolve any guest issues and complaints in addition to communicating all concerns to department heads.
- Friendly and able to build a rapport with guests to establish future business
- The ability to listen to, assess, and appropriately respond to information conveyed through speech
- The ability to speak knowledgably about different food stuffs
- The ability to convey technical information through writing to a nontechnical audience so the recipients easily understand the information and can quickly and correctly apply it.
- Capable of providing guidance to team members during, before and after service.
- The ability to exercise the personal discipline and extra diligence to assure that projects are completed on timely basis.
- The ability to subordinate one’s personal agenda in favor of working collaboratively with the team to achieve departmental and divisional goals
- The ability to motivate and inspire others to work cooperatively to achieve a designated goal.
- Possess strong understanding of POS systems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong recollection of guest names and preferences.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Food and Beverage and Banquets Department to meet the daily needs of operation.
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all restaurants and bars to achieve a profitable result.
- Establishing and achieve predetermined objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
- Assist in the regular review and evaluation of customer acceptance of the Food & Beverage outlet sub-departments, i.e., restaurant, room Service, Bar, and banquet service. Recommend new operating policies whenever declining or constant sales imply dissatisfaction by the customers.
- Assist in the Development of modern management principles, i.e., budgeting, forecasting purchase specifications, portion specifications, menu abstracts, job descriptions, etc.
- Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the personnel in the food and beverage department.
- Plan and administer a training and development program within the department which will provide well-trained employees at all levels.
- Oversee departmental matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
- Lead in the review and follow up of the Market Matrix, Yelp, and Open Table to identify areas of improvement: reviews results with colleagues to develop appropriate corrective action and ensure implementation.
- Facilitate orientation program for colleagues to receive appropriate job skills training to successfully perform job duties. Proficiency
- Protect establishment and patrons by assuring adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Interviewing of all Food & Beverage hourly candidates and manage selection process with Associate Director of Food & Beverage and/or Director of Human Resources.
- Will lead in employee relations and documentation in accordance to hotel policy and under supervision of Associate Director of Food & Beverage.
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, he/she may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel, guest or groups based on operational needs.
- Allocate time appropriately with an intense focus on the being a presence on the floor of the outlet.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management preferred. High school or equivalent required.
Experience: Previous F&B experience in a similar hotel environment preferred. 1-3 years of previous restaurant management experience required.
Licenses or Certificates: TIPS and ServSafe certified required.
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided).
This posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position. Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success. EOE
Le Meridien Delfina will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with local "Fair Chance" ordinances.