To ensure that Viceroy Hotel Group is known as a company that creates one-off ‘bespoke’ modern luxury hospitality experiences, driving creativity and innovation for our brand, driving returns for our partners, and creating memories for guests.
Basic Job Function:
To manage the overall technical service process, including concepts, programming, design, budgeting, construction, installation and opening of VHG hotels and resorts.
Ten years’ experience in design, construction, development and/or hotel operations. Must be proficient in the design of high-quality hospitality projects. Must have excellent people, verbal, written communication and design skills and computer competency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Project. Above all, must be visionary.
- Establish strong working relationships with hotel owners/developers, design team members, consultants and the VHG operations team to provide a collaborative exchange of information to achieve the requirements of a VHG hotel.
- Uphold and manage the VHG Brand Standards, quality and creativity as it relates to new hotel and resort projects.
- Work closely with the VHG Acquisitions and Development team to assess new opportunities and provide feedback on programming, planning and costs.
- Manage and coordinate the technical service efforts of new build and existing refurbished hotel and resort projects. This encompasses feasibility & assessment, design review, programming, architectural and interior design review and coordination, hotel operations coordination, FF&E/OSE budgeting and procurement coordination, construction progress and budget review, operational pre-opening and installation coordination all to ensure that VHG’s standards of design and quality are achieved.
- Manage, maintain and update of the various Technical Service documents and tools such as Design Programs, Design Briefs, Design Reviews and Assessments, etc. These updates should include key hotel functions and amenities such as the type, size and mix of guestrooms, guestroom support facilities, public facilities, food and beverage facilities, meeting facilities, spa and fitness facilities and recreational facilities and all back of house facilities.
- Review and coordinate the FF&E/OSE selection, specification and procurement process. Coordinate with the procurement consultant to ensure that the appropriate quality and quantity of all FF&E/OSE and particularly VHG specific products are incorporated into the project. Assist in the procurement process with regard to coordination of VHG related delivery and installation of the FF&E/OSE.
- Coordinate with various VHG hotel operations departments during the design, construction, installation and pre-opening stages of the project to ensure that all operational considerations are incorporated into the project.
- Review and coordinate the project budget and provide the owner with feedback on VHG requirements to insure the design quality and operational requirements of the project is properly upheld.
- Provide Technical Services budgets and assist VHG accounting with to insure proper owner related documentation is provided.
- Participate in periodic pre-opening project planning meetings with the VHG Hotel Operations team and provide updates and feedback about the project status and provide timely responses to questions concerning the construction and design process as it relates to hotel operations.
- Provide assistance in the final preparation of the hotel mock-up guestroom to ensure that it incorporates all VHG requirements and is ready and acceptable for the mock-up room review. Attend the formal mock-up room review meeting and provide review and input in order to establish the precedent of VHG standards for all hotel guestrooms.
- Perform periodic construction site inspections and prepare construction punch lists and acceptance of the various project areas to accommodate move-in by hotel operations.