Perched four blocks above the Santa Monica shoreline, Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica offers a superior access point to Los Angeles. Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica is conveniently located just a few blocks from Santa Monica's engaging collection of shops, entertainment and restaurants and less than eight miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The area's main leisure attractions, including the Santa Monica Pier, Third Street Promenade, Getty Museum, Getty Villa and Venice Beach are all within steps of Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica.
The Operations Coordinator you will support the Rooms Division with overall Hotel Rooms inventory to support the Hotels financial and guest service goals. This position reports to the Director of Front office, and will be responsible for Managing the house inventory, room reservations and room blocks, as well as working closely with the Front Office, Revenue, and Sales teams to help maximize revenue and overall guest satisfaction. This position will be an evolving role within the hotel and will be required to adhere to Company standards and accept other responsibilities as assigned within scope of job.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organization of daily Rooms inventory and pre-blocking VIPS’s and Groups as necessary
- Ensuring the reservations for VIP clients are well taken care of and they are pre-blocked to the best room possible, assist with organizing upgrades and amenities, to ensure they are handled properly.
- Coordinate with other departments through verbal and written instruction.
- Block group rooms in accordance to specifications and communicate any road potential problems in a timely manner.
- Communicate with all hotel departments as appropriate.
- Ensure prompt attention to time sensitive requests
- Answer all incoming calls promptly, in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Be able to answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation.
- Book room reservations while focusing on maximizing room revenue and average rate using standard company rate quoting scenario at all times.
- Communicate and work closely with the Sales Department concerning group bookings.
- Maintain accurate files and reports.
- Analyze prior night successes: Did the hotel sell out? What complaints were made by guest regarding room preferences?
- Monitor daily sales activity and alert Rooms Management of sold out nights, and possible problem situations.
- Update the General Manager, DOO, DOFO, and DOS of any shortfalls/successes
- Handle all special reservations, to include V.I.P. reservations, packages and discounts.
- Compile and input all necessary information for the required Rooms Promptly, efficiently and accurately, book and block rooms using resume guidelines for Group Rooming Lists
- Attend weekly Revenue/Strategy/Operations meetings
- Complete additional projects as assigned
- Provide ongoing support to Rooms leaders with special projects and reporting as needed.
- Promptly responds to Delfina Info mailbox inquiries and requests
- Assists in special/arrival requests in the absence of the Experience Specialist
- Ensure payments of last Third party are processed in a timely manner
- Monitor mobile check in
The ideal candidate:
- Has previous experience working in the Front Desk or in a Sales department within a Hotel
- Has Hotel operating systems knowledge.
- Is self-directed, motivated and demonstrates intuitive customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively deals with internal and external customers, with high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and openly in all interactions.
- Has exceptional attention to detail, organizational, analytical and time management skills.
- Multi-tasks and prioritizes in a fast-paced work environment.
- Exercises sound judgment; evaluates situations and utilizes appropriate and creative resources to solve problems.
- Is technologically savvy, with a working knowledge of Lightspeed/Galaxy, Starguest, Go Concierge, and Microsoft Office Preferred.
Ability to transport up to 20 lbs occasionally
Ability to sit for extended periods of time, walk and stand throughout the shift
Education: High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
Experience: 1-2 years front desk Experience, additional administrative and hotel experience is preferred
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position. Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.