Position Title: Travel Industry Sales Manager
Department: Sales & Marketing
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills stands among the finest of Beverly Hills California luxury hotels, a stately property embodying the spirit of a sophisticated private club and a gracious urban residence. Viceroy L’Ermitage Beverly Hills is a Forbes 5 Star hotel in the heart of Beverly Hills, offering the personalized touch and familiar ambiance of an exclusive residence.
The Travel Industry Sales Manager will be responsible for growing national and international accounts originating from and outside of the Los Angeles market. This position will be responsible for achieving sales goals with strategic consortia and wholesale accounts worldwide. The sales manager is responsible for both personal and team goals as outlined by Viceroy Hotel Group and will be reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
The sales manager will spend:
- 65% Solicit, prospect, entertain, and negotiate new and repeat business through telemarketing, mailings, referrals, etc. to maximize room and catering revenues.
- 15% Complete proposals, contracts, set up all billing. Work closely with the hotel operation team to resolve issues, complaints, and/or problems to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfaction.
- 5% Participate in daily business review meeting, training and other sales-related meetings.
- 5% Work with other departments within the hotel to provide quality service to customers.
- 5% Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers.
- 5% Maintain accurate, legible records and files.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Works collaboratively with the sales team to ensure sales efforts are coordinated and not duplicated.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include but are not limited to sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, tradeshows etc.
- Develops relationships within the community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
- Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Participates in sales calls, phone solicitation/prospecting, market analyses to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Executes and supports operational aspects of business booked (i.e .generating proposal, writing contract and customer correspondence)
- Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
- Understands the overall market-competitors strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for Viceroy L’Ermitage based on market conditions.
- Gains understanding of Viceroy’s primary target customer and service expectations: serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues, and concerns to offer better business solutions.
- Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service of the company.
- Sets a positive example for guests.
- Interacts with guest to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Works collaboratively with the director of Sales and Marketing and Revenue manager to drive occupancy & ADR.
- Submit Quarterly activities reports.
- Log activities, contacts, and communication in Delphi.
- A complete understanding forecasting, selling, Beverly Hills Comp set
- Highly motivated individual who can work independently
- Ability to handle confidential information discretely and in the proper manner
- Self-starter, and possess excellent presentation skills,
- Expert at prospecting
- Proven track record of successful sales history
- Candidate must have 2+ of luxury hotel sales experience
- Effective decision making skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- May be required to work varying schedules and be able to travel
- Good communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Effective conflict management skills
- Strong customer and colleague relation skills
- Education: 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management or related major preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 2+ years sales experience in luxury hotel environment.
- Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided).
- Travel Requirements: This Sales Manager position has a requirement for business travel.
This posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position. Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success. EOE
Viceroy L’Ermitage participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify Program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. Please review this important notice: