Viceroy Chicago, located in the exclusive Gold Coast neighborhood, will mark Viceroy’s first destination in the Windy City. Located at the site of the 1920's-era Cedar Hotel, among historic mansions and just steps to the Magnificent Mile and Lake Michigan, Viceroy Chicago will offer a locally-inspired luxury experience with 180 guestrooms, including 18 suites. Explore modern, Midwest flavors at the hotel’s restaurant or head up to the rooftop bar, pool and lounge, perched 18 stories high for a sweeping panorama of Great Lake views and Chicago’s iconic, soaring skyline.
The Room Attendant is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of assigned rooms and public areas.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Clean guest rooms by category priority.
- Service assigned guest rooms.
- Empty trash containers and ashtrays.
- Remove all dirty terry and replace with clean par to designated layout.
- Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from bathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub, shower curtain and floor.
- Replace facial, toilet tissue and bathroom amenities in correct amount and location.
- Inspect condition of bathrobes and replace soiled/damaged ones.
- Remove dirty bed linen and make up bed with clean linen.
- Replace laundry bags and slips.
- Clean closets and door tracks on check-out rooms, removing dust and debris. Ensure correct amount and placement of hangers, extra blanket/pillow and luggage rack.
- Dust and polish all furniture.
- Realign furniture to floor plan.
- Open all drawers/doors in check-out rooms and remove items left by guest. Dust inside.
- Check under bed(s), chairs and sofa for debris and remove if present.
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips or stains; report any damages to the supervisor.
- Remove all dust, debris and foreign particles from upholstered furniture including crevices and under cushions.
- Dust pictures, frames and mirrors.
- Remove dust and debris on television, clock radio, remote control and cable box.
- Set correct time on clock; correct TV channel; correct movie rental insert.
- Clean all lamps and light switches; check for proper working order.
- Remove dust, spots and smears from windows, ledges and frames.
- Remove dust, grease and smears from telephones and reposition properly.
- Empty liquid from ice bucket and wipe all surfaces dry.
- Remove dust, smudges and spills from mini bar; ensure it is plugged in and securely locked.
- The ability to listen to, assess, and appropriately respond to information conveyed through speech
- The ability to convey technical information through writing to a nontechnical audience so the recipients easily understand the information and can quickly and correctly apply it.
- The ability to exercise the personal discipline and extra diligence to assure that projects are completed on timely basis.
- The ability to subordinate one’s personal agenda in favor of working collaboratively with the team to achieve departmental goals
- The ability to motivate and inspire others to work cooperatively to achieve a designated goal.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent Hotel data.
- Flexible schedule - Willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks
- Must be able to do overhead work to fulfill cleaning duties
- Must be able to perform repetitive work
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 40lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Must be able walk, stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to eight (8) hours in length
Education: High school or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 1 to 2 years’ previous experience in a similar position in a luxury hotel preferred
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
Viceroy Chicago participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. Please review this important notice: