Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills is an icon and private sanctuary. Every door reveals a suite. Each encounter is a first impression, and every guest a resident and celebrity.
AVEC NOUS is a contemporary take on the classic French bistro; a hip St. Tropez vibe that delivers a fresh culinary experience to Beverly Hills. With inspiration emanating from the Mediterranean coast, Spanish and Italian touches compliment this Riviera feel. European spices accompany locally sourced seasonal ingredients to offer a refined yet inviting dining experience. Our passion is defined by our name: AVEC NOUS - dine with us, drink with us, celebrate with us.
Ensure that food is made to the exact specifications of the managing Chefs. Must assume responsibility for all dishes prepared by self or others following your direction. Must be ready to work in a high pressure, fast paced work environment, while retaining organizational ability to see and act on work duties quickly and efficiently. Responsible to prepare menu items and feature dishes in all stations in the kitchen, including cafeteria, as directed by managing chefs. Must follow the direction of Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chef in all aspects, including but not limited to portion control, station set up, mise en place, cleanliness, sanitation, food storage, break down and clean up. Must maintain good safety standards at all times. Must have an understanding and knowledge on how to use and maintain all equipment in the station and to cook food items as required by managing Chefs in a clean and timely manner.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Report any unsafe and/or unacceptable occurrences to managing Chefs in a timely and concise fashion
- Knowledgeable in all areas of the kitchen and to fill in where needed.
- Knowledgeable in classic and modern cooking methods and techniques.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Have workstation ready for service before service time, fully stocked and fresh
- Comply with and enforces all safety and health department procedures as well as L’Ermitage and/or departmental policies/procedures. Comply with all state and federal laws. Be trained in all fire, safety and emergency procedures.
- Mentor and motivate line cooks 2 and 3 to maintain a teamwork environment with all colleagues.
- The ability to listen to, assess, and appropriately respond to information conveyed through speech
- The ability to convey technical information through writing to a nontechnical audience so the recipients easily understand the information and can quickly and correctly apply it.
- The ability to exercise the personal discipline and extra diligence to assure that projects are completed on timely basis.
- The ability to subordinate one’s personal agenda in favor of working collaboratively with the team to achieve departmental goals
- The ability to motivate and inspire others to work cooperatively to achieve a designated goal.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent Hotel data.
- Flexible schedule - Willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have advanced knife skills
- Must have a trained palate and be able to produce consistent and correct flavor profiles
- Must be able to maintain consistent and correct plate presentation
- Ability to operate designated machinery.
- Ability to remain extremely alert while operating machinery.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and wares.
- Ability to withstand high temperatures, moisture and noise levels in work areas.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements in cleaning various work areas.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill laundry tasks
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 50lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length
- Must be able to work
- under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold)
- under variable noise levels
- around chemicals
Education: High school graduate or equivalent education preferred
Experience: Over 2 years previous experience in a similar position in a luxury hotel preferred
Licenses or Certificates: Serv Safe Preferred
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
This job posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position. Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.
L’Ermitage participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify Program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. Please review this important notice: