Picturesquely located in one of the most desirable areas in Southern California, the Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel fuses classic sophistication and contemporary chic. Located just steps from the city's distinctive boutiques, restaurants and beach activities, Viceroy Santa Monica offers engaging service in a most unique setting.
Director of Sales and Marketing:
The Director of Sales and Marketing will lead a team and oversee all current and new initiatives for Viceroy Santa Monica by maximizing profitability to achieve budget, revenue and market share targets through developing and the implementation of Sales, Marketing, and Revenue Generating Initiatives related to Transient, Group and Catering Markets.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Create strategic business plans based on comprehensive knowledge of market position, pricing and rate structures, sales strategies, yield management, booking trends, and future hotel planning
- Further develop the brand message and brand positioning
- Develop, create and sustain long term marketing communication strategy including advertising, public relations, collateral and market positioning
- Develop annual public relations strategy and increase PR exposure
- Develop and implement media marketing strategy and program
- Increase RevPAR (and RevPAR index)
- Analyze, measure and seek to maximize the ROI of all marketing activities/initiatives
- Recommend new and proven ways to bring revenues into hotel
- Develop annual brand business plan
- Develop annual brand sales & marketing budget
- Develop and track metrics and success for all marketing programs and activities
- Manage department and achieve budgeted revenues and expenses while maximizing profitability
- Negotiate and finalize contracts with prospective clients as necessary
- Develop, implement and manage the annual business and strategic marketing plans
- Develop forecasts and other reports, as required; develop rates that maximize profitability
- Implement group ceilings and strategies through thorough review of Competitive Set data
- Prepare the annual rooms revenue and departmental budgets
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports, as required; demand analyses and mix management
- Regularly evaluate future or advanced performance or process issues relating to group booking pace, backlog, reservations pace, rate yielding or conversion to identify any future revenue and performance shortfalls and upside opportunities
- Actively lead and/or participate in regular Sales, Revenue, Marketing and Public Relations meetings
- Assist in the recruitment & selection, training & development, and effective performance management of Sales team
- Communicate progress, obstacles and promotions with the Executive Committee to ensure full alignment
- Regularly evaluate future or advanced performance or process issues relating to group booking pace, backlog, reservations pace, rate yielding or conversion in an effort to identify any future revenue and performance shortfalls and upside opportunities
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within the market and ensure members of the Sales Team are held accountable for their respective accounts.
- Additional duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years experience in similar role in luxury hospitality
- Knowledge of and experience within the Los Angeles/Santa Monica market
- Strong Business Transient Experience strongly preferred
- A proven track record of leading and inspiring teams to meet or exceed sales goals
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided).
This posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position. Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.