Picturesquely located in one of the most desirable areas in Southern California, the Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel fuses classic sophistication and contemporary chic. Located just steps from the city's distinctive boutiques, restaurants and beach activities, Viceroy Santa Monica offers engaging service in a most unique setting.
Human Resources Manager:
As Human Resources Manager, you will apply your outstanding interpersonal and administrative skills to facilitate extraordinary careers, manage colleague relations, and create lasting memories for your Hotel team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the Human Resources department
- Prioritize all telephone calls and in-person visitors, scheduling appointments as required
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Office
- Promptly responds to inquiries by telephone, fax, and email
- Assist internal guests as necessary
- Administers Taleo job posting system in a timely manner, updating all job posts on both external/internal websites, ensuring postings are correct and accurate
- Corresponds with schools, union and other affiliates by providing current postings, relevant information
- Complete all new hire paperwork; enter information in UltiPro timely and accurately
- Run necessary reports from UltiPro; i.e., hours worked audits, Union reports, etc.
- Work closely with Accounting team; submit all necessary Union hours monthly, time off requests, status forms in a timely manner, etc.
- Safeguard the privacy of colleague and candidate information by maintaining complete confidentiality
- Liaise with departmental recruiters in support of the recruitment process
- Act as a role model and being aware of and fully supporting all Human Resources Policies & Procedures
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Meets timelines for projects with minimal follow up
- Ensures accurate, competent, attention to detail in all job tasks
- Provide all office administration duties such as written correspondence, mail, photocopying and ordering office supplies
- Maintain confidential filling system for correspondence, policies, standards, regulations and various matters related to the office
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
Previous administration or Human Resources experience required
Union experience and asset
Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Ability to focus attention on internal/external guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Frequent sitting and walking throughout shift
Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided).
This posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position. Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.