Director of Global Sales
Viceroy Hotels and Resorts deliver one-of-a-kind lifestyle experiences that bring together provocative design and intuitive service in some of the world's most sought-after destinations. Viceroy Hotels and Resorts redefine the very concept of boutique and luxury hospitality.
We are seeking an experienced Group Sales leader to take on a new Director of Global Sales role with the goal of increasing group sales revenue for all VHG hotels through national account development, training and maximizing multi-property convention exposure opportunities.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Increase group lead volume and contracted group conversion that will help all VHG hotels to achieve their individual budgeted goals
- Support the sales and marketing efforts for hotels in a pre-opening environment.
- Multi-property convention management, including but not limited to tradeshow booth coordination and budget
- Evaluate, develop, implement, and maintain the company’s relationships with key national group agency accounts (including but not limited to HelmsBriscoe, ConferenceDirect, Maritz, HPN Global, etc.).
- Establish new group clients and help individual properties exceed their group revenue goals by saturating these and other national key accounts through networking and brand and property-specific education, and then supporting the hotel sales manager in closing the business.
- Partner with corporate and hotel-based marketing contacts to publish group-specific information such as press releases, email blasts and social media posts to generate group exposure for need times
- Lead or support multi-property group sales presentations (may be by webinar, conference call or in person)
- Assist hotel sales managers in coordination of national agency site inspections, FAM receptions and customer meetings where / if it is appropriate
- Assist with maximizing potential exposure leads to ensure that VHG receives regular press in the group sales media channels online, in print, radio and television. Partner with hotel-based public relations contact to ensure brand voice and message is strong. Assist in creating and maintaining / updating (as needed) multi-property group sales collateral for internal and external use.
- Partner with each Director of Sales and Marketing and Director of Sales at each hotel to exceed their hotel’s group revenue goals by facilitating monthly conference calls with them to go over their group pace year to date and need dates respective to that, training opportunities, help educate them on reporting resources or reporting obstacles and any other areas where they need additional support.
- Facilitate a monthly conference call with group sales manager peers to maximize cross-sell opportunities, partner on multi-hotel conventions, re-enliven the Bold & Gold with sales training energizers every month, share hotel updates, share best practices, celebrate successes and provide additional updates from VHG as needed
- Responsible and accountable for representing the entire VHG portfolio during key group sales annual conventions; in an effort to maximize total brand exposure and potentially reallocate or even reduce individual hotel travel budget costs. (Examples of key group sales annual conventions may or may not include but not be limited to: ConferenceDirect Annual Partner Meeting March annually, IMEX Frankfurt May annually, HelmsBriscoe Annual Business Meeting May annually, MPI WEC June annually, IMEX America October annually, HPN Global Partner Conference November annually, IBTM World November annually.) Be the primary point of contact for managing the tradeshow booth design, facilitating sales team participation, collateral, promotional items and budget (again reducing planning time invested by hotel sales managers).
- Report pertinent information about national account growth, conversion and segmentation of group business at both the individual hotel level and multi-hotel level to corporate. Provide training to individual hotel sales leaders and sales managers around reporting tools and resources that are available in locations like our group sales and catering inventory application (for example: Delphi.fdc), Cvent, etc.
- Provide sales and marketing support on an as-needed basis to hotels in a pre-opening environment. This may include assisting with short-term task force while the sales managers are being hired or on a project-by-project basis
- Develop and implement a low-cost sales recognition program (monthly recognition of one sales professional to their counterparts at the other hotels and VHG leadership); program may include travel industry, business travel sales managers and outstanding up-selling conference service managers in addition to group
- Develop networking and VHG brand exposure opportunities through active participation in group hospitality professional organizations
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A proven track record of positioning an organization to achieve and exceed its strategic group revenue goals specifically towards the right mix of group business
- Exceptional ability to work in a team, with multiple stakeholders, and develop strong work relationships with both Clients and Colleagues
- Proactive, innovative and highly strategic; ability to develop this role over time to meet and exceed the needs of both the individual hotel and VHG stakeholders as they evolve
- Exceptional communication skills externally and internally
- Ability to manage a budget and maximize internal stakeholder-client satisfaction
- Ability to solve complex problems in an organized manner
- Strong computer literacy, with advanced "train the trainer" knowledge of Word, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Delphi and Delphi.fdc (reporting analyst experience, and experience with migrating from one group inventory application to its next generation, would be a strong asset)
- Strong understanding of the Icon Collection, Lifestyle Series and Urban Retreat Collection. Passionate about representing the VHG brand voice and the unique character of each individual hotel and its destination
- High level of executive presence while presenting to a large audience
- Experience in dealing with group sales partners across a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work independently and work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Travel – this position requires 10-25% travel, possibly overseas
Education: Bachelor's Degree required, ideally in Sales & Marketing, Hotel Management, or Business Administration.
Experience: Minimum of 10+ years of experience in group sales, preferably in a multi-property luxury hotel environment at both city and resort destinations. Experience selling in a pre-opening environment.